Anyone get one of those? What's your verdict?

I got one and it's so weird. This thing can get so loud that there's no way it's 5 watts. It's louder than my Blackheart Handsome Devil head (7.5/15 watts) but I didn't dime it to find out. It probably had to be dimed to beat it.

Tried using pedals on it and it squeals and howls as soon as I turn the knob. Seems to me the input is too sensitive. I pulled the preamp tube and put a 5751 in it. That gave me more range with the knob and it's still bitchin' loud. I was able to use the pedals but barely cracked the volume to use 'em.

If I just plug the guitar to it it jams and loud still. I used my Blackheart 1x12 75 watt cab and when I put my Handsome Devil head back on it it doesn't sound the same anymore. The speaker doesn't sustain anymore so I'm gonna have to replace the speaker.

Can you believe that a 5 watt amp damaged a 75 watt speaker? It's an Eminence speaker.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
On the output? Yea, 16, 8 and 4. The cab's 16.

I'm getting a speaker so it's an upgrade. An Eminence Legend 1258 75W Guitar Speaker from MF. This one is 8 ohms. I'll find out from there. I hate to think my pedal's damaged instead of the speaker, that's $400.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
wow, that is weird I've never tried one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's the pedal. Did a factory reset and all's well. No telling what happened there. No need to replace the speaker and I canceled the order.

Now the interesting item on the amp. A reviewer on MF did a test on it, according to him it puts out 4-16 watts rms, volume on second stage gain of the preamp and power tube wide open. That explains it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
glad to hear you got it sorted.

even 16 watts shouldn't be blowing a 75 watt speaker, though, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
glad to hear you got it sorted.

even 16 watts shouldn't be blowing a 75 watt speaker, though, surely?

No but it sure push that speaker around.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
hehe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?