One of the things I like to do in my free time is 'make up' scales and use them in different contexts to see how they sound. I'd love to know if they have actually names in music, so without further ado:

1 b2 3 4 5 b6 7

1 b2 3 #4 5 b6 7

I've named all the others scales I've 'made.'

Thanks! I'm really curious
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
first one is G byzantine scale according to guitar pro

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Scale one could be the Phygrian mode. I made the modes into scales on the guitar by using their intervals, and it has all the intervals of the Phygrian scale (which can be moved up and down the neck by the way). just my two cents.
I wouldn't call them chromatic alterations to the major scale. To me, chromatic implies that the notes are all 1/2 step apart. These are not. A couple of the notes are, but the rest aren't. If anything, I think I'd call it a tonal, or intervalic alteration to the major scale. I prefer the term intervalic.
None of them really have names. If you had to name them, Phrygian Dominant nat 7 and Phrygian Dominant nat 7 #4 would do.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by KG6_Steven
I wouldn't call them chromatic alterations to the major scale. To me, chromatic implies that the notes are all 1/2 step apart. These are not. A couple of the notes are, but the rest aren't. If anything, I think I'd call it a tonal, or intervalic alteration to the major scale. I prefer the term intervalic.

in a chromatic scale, all of the notes are a half-step apart. but a chromatic alteration means no such thing. what OP has given are, quite frankly, chromatic alterations to the major scale, because a couple of notes have been either sharpened or flattened by an amount that does not exceed a half-step. intervallic refers to the set distance between two pitches.

so griff is right.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by griffRG7321
Chromatic alterations to the major scale.
/thread.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea