Page 1 of 2
so after bp tried to explain that injecting mud worked, we are now being told it didnt.

BP on Sunday said it will strengthen its efforts to stop the flow of oil and protect the coastline after the most recent attempt to stop the Gulf oil spill failed.

why they wouldnt have already strengthened the efforts to the max already is beyond me

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/30/gulf.oil.spill/index.html?hpt=T1
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Using all their power t stop it is too much hasle for them maybe

They already counted it as a loss so just let it be I guess

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Well, if you're so smart, why don't you fix it? It's not like they aren't giving it their best efforts.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Well, if you're so smart, why don't you fix it? It's not like they aren't giving it their best efforts.

because i said im able to fix it, because i said they arent smart

all i said is they havnt been giving it their full effort, which THEY said,
you're not too bright are you? learn to read.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
because i said im able to fix it, because i said they arent smart

all i said is they havnt been giving it their full effort, which THEY said,
you're not too bright are you? learn to read.

That's certainly what your post came off as.

And do you really think they haven't been trying everything that might work? Just because they say they'll try harder doesn't mean they haven't been doing everything they can. I mean, come on.

EDIT: I also fail to see where they said "We haven't been giving this our full effort." Maybe you aught to learn to read as well.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at May 30, 2010,
Awesome, now my plans for human sludge monsters is back on
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by JimmyBanks6
why they wouldnt have already strengthened the efforts to the max already is beyond me
Let me help you put that within your grasp.
What they tried was a method that would be the most effective at sealing the leak, if it had worked. It didn't work. So now the try another method that might seal the leak, but even if it works, there will be more seepage around the seal. A drastic reduction in flow, but not a perfect seal.

You can see why they wanted a better seal, if possible.

Why didn't they do them both at the same time?
The methods are different. Not compatible with each other. Got it?

Even if this method works, the complete fix doesn't happen until August.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Because if they oil reserves run lower, then the BP giant can drastically increase the price of sales, make a massive profit off it, blame someone else for the whole spill, and then fix it with a method they knew all along would work.

*removes tin hat*

but seriously though, im sure its not just another day at the office; plugging a massive undersea oil leak which is in full flow. If they don't know they maximum amount of effort they need to put in, they can't put it in. They only find out when the method they are using, doesn't work and they think to themselves "Damn, we need more effort than this"
Quote by metaldud536
This. It also costs money to fix it.

Money should never be a factor when it comes to something as serious as this. If we can't grasp that then I'm definitely sure it won't be long till we become nothing but a scar.

And I truly think most people don't understand the seriousness of this. As much as i would like this to be easily solvable I doubt it is as simple as we hope it is. Its seems like we created an impossible problem for ourselves to handle. I don't think effort is a factor.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole
Money should never be a factor when it comes to something as serious as this. If we can't grasp that then I'm definitely sure it won't be long till we become nothing but a scar.

And I truly think most people don't understand the seriousness of this. As much as i would like this to be easily solvable I doubt it is as simple as we hope it is. Its seems like we created an impossible problem for ourselves to handle. I don't think effort is a factor.

Well, money isn't really the problem. The problem is that they're trying to plug a massive oil leak 5,000 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE OCEAN. No one's ever had to deal with this kind of leak before, and they're not sure what it will take to stop it. Hence, the failed tries. It's not that they're not giving their best effort.

I do agree that people don't understand the scale of the disaster though. I know people who are blaming President Obama for the fact that the leak hasn't been stopped and the Gulf hasn't been cleaned up. They don't quite grasp how huge this actually is, methinks.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Jun 2, 2010,
I live in Pensacola, FL.

The oil is supposed to be at our shore tomorrow...

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Rest in Peace, Gulf Coast.

Hurricane Season gonna **** us up.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by metaldud536
This. It also costs money to fix it.

Uh trust me on this one, BP has got PLENTY of that, bra.

OT: Old news, they've been working on a new solution that, at least IMO, seems well thought out and solid.

I'm going to the Gulf Coast within a week or two to aid in the cleanup effort for a couple of weeks, making nearly $2,000 a week.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Well, money isn't really the problem. The problem is that they're trying to plug a massive oil leak 500 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE OCEAN. No one's ever had to deal with this kind of leak before, and they're not sure what it will take to stop it. Hence, the failed tries. It's not that they're not giving their best effort.

I do agree that people don't understand the scale of the disaster though. I know people who are blaming President Obama for the fact that the leak hasn't been stopped and the Gulf hasn't been cleaned up. They don't quite grasp how huge this actually is, methinks.

500? I wish. This one is 5,000 feet below the surface. Which is REALLY ****ING DEEP.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Tony Hayward
"We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

Try telling that to the 11 dead workers, the dead sea life, and the thousands of fishermen that are suffering right now, jerkoff! Not to mention the financial impact that it will have on the rest of us, fuck you! UGH!

Quote by imafool18
I live in Pensacola, FL.

The oil is supposed to be at our shore tomorrow...

I know, P-cola beach will never be the same. Goodbye, blue waters.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Jun 2, 2010,
Try telling that to the 11 dead workers, the dead sea life, and the thousands of fishermen that are suffering right now, jerkoff! Not to mention the financial impact that it will have on the rest of us, fuck you! UGH!

I'm fairly certain he meant it in a "I want my life back to normalcy" kind of way.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by EnemyWolf
500? I wish. This one is 5,000 feet below the surface. Which is REALLY ****ING DEEP.

Oops, my bad. Forgot a zero in my post. Editing now.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE

Financial impact my ass lol, if BP doesn't pay every last penny, there is going to be some serious protests. The oil spill is going to cost 20 billion? No problem. They made 20 billion in profits last year.
Quote by Scutchington
I'm fairly certain he meant it in a "I want my life back to normalcy" kind of way.

Thats the point. He is bitching about how he lost some of his leisure time when 11 people lost their lives altogether, while the shit he at least partially at fault for is destroying the Gulf of Mexico. What a pathetic joke.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Financial impact my ass lol, if BP doesn't pay every last penny, there is going to be some serious protests. The oil spill is going to cost 20 billion? No problem. They made 20 billion in profits last year.

Exxon Valdez says differently. http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/06/exxon.valdez.alaska/index.html

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by EnemyWolf
...and that was only 11 million gallons. This oil spill is going to be some really serious shit, much more than people realize (or refuse to) right now I think. It could be make or break for Obama.

This is seriously gonna kill Pensacola. Pensacola is a city that is based on tourism for most of its revenue. Without our pearly white beaches and seafood, there is little reason to come here. BP might settle in court to pay out a couple billion dollars, but it won't cover the losses over time that we will suffer over the next few decades. Like I said before, this will destroy us.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I say send Mario with his water gun from Sunshine.

shamelessly stolen from YLYL thread...
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by black007hawk2
This is seriously gonna kill Pensacola. Pensacola is a city that is based on tourism for most of its revenue. Without our pearly white beaches and seafood, there is little reason to come here. BP might settle in court to pay out a couple billion dollars, but it won't cover the losses over time that we will suffer over the next few decades. Like I said before, this will destroy us.

Yeah, I honestly don't see how you guys are going to make it through this without moving. Have fun trying to keep your heads above water, no pun intended
love is love // return to dust
Quote by black007hawk2

I thought it wasn't heading over there East to Florida yet. Couldn't you guys just set up those floating repelling devices, sand breaches or whatever?

This is a reason I don't think what happened with Exxon Valdez is applicable in this case. Alaska is great...but its kind of far away from the majority of Americans, and to be blunt, not that many people care. This is in one of the most prime regions of the U.S., for residents spanning from Houston to Tampa, and tourists. People in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi still have the devastation of Katrina engraved in their minds and I think frankly people are sick of this shit with the oil companies and the government in general.
I'm angry at the government for not doing more, as we've been saying this isn't just BPs(broken pipes) problem. Its everyone's. Really, I haven't even heard that much outrage except from Kevin Pereira.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by EnemyWolf
I thought it wasn't heading over there East to Florida yet. Couldn't you guys just set up those floating repelling devices, sand breaches or whatever?

Yeah, because people can just whip up 1500 miles worth of those nets

And to respond to the thread, this is everyone's fault. It's BP's for half-assing every aspect of everything, and it's Obama's for waiting 10 days to say anything to them about it.
Last edited by tancanada at Jun 3, 2010,
My poor beaches

RIP Pensacola beach
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

wow, sinks in even more when you hear first hand accounts of the people living the problem

This may end up as the most horrible disasters of the century, damn BP has to get shit done.
Quote by EnemyWolf

This is a reason I don't think what happened with Exxon Valdez is applicable in this case. Alaska is great...but its kind of far away from the majority of Americans, and to be blunt, not that many people care. This is in one of the most prime regions of the U.S., for residents spanning from Houston to Tampa, and tourists. People in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi still have the devastation of Katrina engraved in their minds and I think frankly people are sick of this shit with the oil companies and the government in general.

It's coming in the next few days. That, and floaters wouldn't phase the oil if a hurricane comes along, which it will in the next month or two.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Alaska is still suffering two decades after the spill. And we will too.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by black007hawk2
It's coming in the next few days. That, and floaters wouldn't phase the oil if a hurricane comes along, which it will in the next month or two.

If the hurricane+oil proposition comes true......help us God.
Quote by black007hawk2

That wasn't my point. My point was that Alaska is still suffering two decades after the spill. And we will too.

And that spill was 200 times smaller than this one.
The Gulf coast and Eastern seaboard are fucked. People don't realize that yet, and its sad

Quote by EnemyWolf
If the hurricane+oil proposition comes true......help us God.

You know, I hate to get superstitious, but take a look at this verse from Revelations.

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

God just might be coming to help.
Last edited by tancanada at Jun 3, 2010,
Can someone who actually knows a lot about the situation tell me why they are having so much trouble fixing it, more so than other spills it seems, despite the size of this one.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by Msword7
Can someone who actually knows a lot about the situation tell me why they are having so much trouble fixing it, more so than other spills it seems, despite the size of this one.

It's 5000 feet under water. That's about the main reason. Tough to work at that depth. Also, it's spewing enough oil that it's impossible to just slam enough garbage (literally) in there to block it up.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist

shamelessly stolen from YLYL thread...

That's great.
Page 1 of 2