Hey guys, I've started a band with a few friends, but I need to find a cheap, gigable guitar, do you guys have any suggestions? The price range is around £200-300. Thanks in advance.

Edit: We're playing rock/punk, if that matters.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Idk about in £ but in $ theres esp ltd m-50. Not too fancy and only $200. Its pretty good quality. It was actually my first guitar and its good
Quote by Shawn8864
Idk about in £ but in $ theres esp ltd m-50. Not too fancy and only $200. Its pretty good quality. It was actually my first guitar and its good

Hmm, it's a bit too metal looking for me.

S A D B O Y S
I hear more and more good things about these Agile guitars, from the videos online they sound really good for the prices. I am thinking of grabbing one for lessons and jamming with friends. I wouldn't be crushed if it was ruined and I wouldn't be embarrassed by the sound she makes.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
Quote by SpawnedX
I hear more and more good things about these Agile guitars, from the videos online they sound really good for the prices. I am thinking of grabbing one for lessons and jamming with friends. I wouldn't be crushed if it was ruined and I wouldn't be embarrassed by the sound she makes.

I'll have a look into them.

S A D B O Y S
I have an Epiphone Dot and I play Green Day, Five Iron Frenzy, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Switchfoot, that kinda stuff. It's served me extremely well and is a wonderful punk guitar that you'll be able to keep around if you decide to include blues/jazz into your repertoire.

Plus chicks dig the violin/F-holes.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Last edited by MortifiedLizard at May 30, 2010,
what about cort....or tanglewood lp copys are pretty decent...maybe im just being biased though :S
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Sounds like a business strategy in the making for someone in UK ^^
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
"Vintage" guitars are awesome- check out the v100:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14142-vintage-v100-wine-red-les-paul-deluxe-style-.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

You could get a squier class vibe tele or strat in that price range too or even a used MIM Fender if you prefer.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
A Yamaha Pacifica 112v.
Humbucker on the bridge, middle and neck single-coils.

Sounds pretty good, and it's cheap, versatile, well-built and reliable.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Thanks for the ideas, guys. The Vintage guitars are looking the most likely at the moment. They have some very solid reviews.

S A D B O Y S