I'm considering changing my bridge pickup in my Ibanez RG370DX from stock INF4 to Mick Thompson's signature ABH-3 EMTY Blackouts.... I play a wide range of rock from Green Day and My Chemical Romance to Slipknot and Children Of Bodom. Any advice?
What amp do you currently play through?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
In that case, hold off on new pickups until you get a new amp. A pickup swap really won't make a difference with the MG, and not in a good way either (seeing as how the amp being used is the most important part of one's tone).

That being said, do you have a budget in mind? We might be able to suggest a better amp for you.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at May 30, 2010,
Quote by rocknrolldude43
In that case, hold off on new pickups until you get a new amp. A pickup swap really won't make a difference with the MG, and not in a good way either (seeing as how the amp being used is the most important part of one's tone).

That being said, do you have a budget in mind? We might be able to suggest a better amp for you.

What do you think of this? http://www.peavey-eu.com/product_detail.php?flag=IE&lan=UK&dis=9&key=2417
Last edited by conor-figgy at May 31, 2010,
i say new amp

and its gonna be a bitch to install 2 active humbuckers on a passive HSH guitar if you dont know what you are doing
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i say new amp

and its gonna be a bitch to install 2 active humbuckers on a passive HSH guitar if you dont know what you are doing

Plus SS + actives is naaaasty.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by conor-figgy

It'll be great for you (a HUGE step up from your MG). I've played it a few times in-store (not to mention I own the 15W SS version as well) and was amazed at what I got out of it.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Thanks a million for the advice, in this case....anyone looking for a Marshall Mg10DFX? XD
no lol
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.