ok so I've owned this amp probably just under a year now, can someone please give me a goo setting for the tone knob on these, as I'm still unsure as to what it does exactly. So even a brief explanation of its purpose would be nice, is it the same as the guitar tone knob and if so should i keep it on max always? and is more appropriate on 3,5,7,10??? for certain styles.

I'm currently playing with : (see sig)

Thanks guys any help is a lot of help

Anth
Fender Strat MIM 08' Sunburst
Epiphone SG Custom Black
Fender Jazz Bass Sunburst
Laney VC30 212
EHX Big Muff Pi NYC
Vox v847a wah
Boss Chorus CE-5
Danelectro CO-1 OD
Last edited by anths88 at May 30, 2010,
Set it to whatever you want, move it around until you get a sound you like then leave it there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Start with it in the middle (12 o'clock) and see what you like from there. I find, especially with my strat, that it works for me to keep it reasonably low to tame the brightness. But y'know, it's all based on preference, and the sound your looking for
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at May 30, 2010,
Taken from the Laney VC30 212 user manual:
The tone control works in a similar fashion to the Tone control you probably have on your guitar except that it uniquely works at the other end of the amplification chain. This has the ability to not only control the overall top end response but also reduce upper end harmonics on the output stage and preamplifier overdrive sounds. This will give you bright cutting sounds at high settings and smooth rounded sounds at lower settings. (Midway (5) is a good starting point)

Why are people here on UG allergic to user manuals?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Taken from the Laney VC30 212 user manual:

Why are people here on UG allergic to user manuals?

also, why are people on UG allergic to using their ears to work out what controls on their amps do?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
also, why are people on UG allergic to using their ears to work out what controls on their amps do?

Yeah, that too.
People keep asking for "nice amp settings" for them to use, instead of creating their own...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
i think it's a bit like a presence control.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?