I have recently been given a very old acoustic guitar with the name futurama written on the headstock in a similar style to the fender logo.

Ive searched all over the internet and have found no evidence of any acoustics made by a company called futurama, so if anyone knows anything about these guitars please comment, thanks.
The strings on it we're custom made by Bender.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Pics?

No I'm not contributing to the combo.

You bastard!

And yes, pics would be nice.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Futurama Guitars, were the brainchild of former long distance hauliers, Captain Leela and Dr. Zoi D'Berg.

Captain Leela, with one eye for detail, developed a range of Acoustic Guitars quite different from others available at the time. One model of note, aimed at more outlandish players, was named "The Bender"...famed for the ease of which it's strings could be bent.

Dr. Zoi D'Berg, was the man in charge of production and really enjoyed getting his claws into the nitty gritty of guitar making.

As the company evolved, the staff list grew. Former Jamaican Bureaucrat, Hermes Conrad, was employed to take care of accounts and any legal matters.

Sales really took off when a popular Asian artist of the day, Amy Wong, endorsed Futurama Guitars.

Futurama Guitars, sadly folded when an employee named Phillip Fry, was involved in a takeover bid with rival company M.O.M. The company was asset striped and is now confined to the annuls of history.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Ah, the power of Google.

http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/hofnerfs/futurama/fut.html
http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/hofnerfs/futurama/futgall.html

EDIT: How did I not see all the other posts before? Well now I just look silly.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Last edited by i_don't_know at May 30, 2010,
i just want to point out the "possibly pre war" part makes you seem like an idiot.
Quote by bxr_con
i just want to point out the "possibly pre war" part makes you seem like an idiot.

Shut the fuck up.
My God, it's full of stars!
Bit of a hypocritical "mod" aren't you dread. Pretty cool guy in general I suppose.
Last edited by bxr_con at May 31, 2010,
Quote by bxr_con
Bit of a hypocritical "mod" aren't you dread. Pretty cool guy in general I suppose.

No, he just wants you to stop trolling.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Quote by bxr_con

Don't be rude and then suck up. It possibly makes you look bad.

Onto the thread topic, got any pics?
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I have an old futurama single cutaway acoustic as well. Lots of decoration says C&w model on back of neck. No label only futurama transfer on headstock. Crap machineheads, can find anything about it on web. I think these may have been baged by Selmar in 60 s. I'll post a pic