What are some Humbucker-Humbucker Combos that are combined to be under $150? I am a guy who likes everything from funk to high gain metal, but more in the high gain genre side.

And I am also wondering what would be the cost if I send it to this local guitar shop to change the pickups for me. So thank you all for whoever responds.
Ibanez IJX121
Last edited by PunkGuitaristx at May 30, 2010,
in the US pairs of good pups can be had cheap on craigslist. usually it's about $20-25 per pick up to install.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If ur looking for passives then I reccommend Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set (JB/Jazz)

If u want actives than i'm afraid ur gonna have to drop a little more cash
manliusguitar.com or bgpickups.com
hand scatterwound. destroys seymour or dimarzio. 150 a set.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Most Irongear pups cost £25 each. Steamhammer (15k) and Hammerhead (15k) are good for metal, Hot Slag (16k) for high gain lead stuff, Rolling Mill (8k) for PAF type. There's also Blues Engine (8k I think) which are a little more costly. Each pairing comes with a Neck and Bridge version with the Neck ones being slightly less resistance. Fitting is easy to DIY if you have a soldering iron and all are 4 wire for any number of wiring tricks. Full wiring diagrams come with the pickups.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'm not an expert on budget pickups, I stick to USA made EMG, SD, DiMarzio, etc. and could recommend any number of them, but few end up under $150. However, regarding installation, I suggest you attempt yourself at some point. Installing four-conductor pickups isn't rocket science, though it can be unnerving your first try. If you wanna make a habit out of doing upgrades to guitars, you'll save time and money by doing it yourself. Many pickup manufacturers have colour-coded wiring diagrams which are very self explanatory. Down the road, paying 50-100 bucks and having to wait a week for what can be done in 30 minutes for a few cents worth of solder just doesn't seem right.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)