Page 1 of 5
Here's their website: http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/

Yesterday there was a huge demonstration/march in Newcastle by the English Defense League. They claim to be protesting militant Islam, but there have been accusations of racism, xenophobia and neo-Nazis.

Yesterday there were some 4,500 police dealing with the march, so the potential trouble must have been bad.

What are the British Pitmonkey's opinons on them?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
They are racist idiots.

This

No more thread.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Hey Fassa - Fancy going a day without making a thread?

Live and let live. Or this case, live and let live in jail.

Also, can't say I've heard of them, they can't be that mainstream. Maybe they're still underground, and not causing much of a problem.
I think Fassa. that everyone's just going to flame them

And anyone that says they like them will probably get flamed.

So I think they're awesome.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Stop making threads! I thought Carmel got rid of you!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007

Carmel wasn't the one who banned me...
A Sad Reflection Of The Times We Live In. Why is it that people who actually stand up for their country, who defend their country, who love and cherish their country, become the persecuted IN their country??? Its a baffling scenario for sure, but for those who feel threatened by the English Defence League this is only a natural course of action.

From that I dislike them. They claim to be against militant islam, so why do they want to ban the burka?
Infact, I dislike any group that claims to be defending britain's best interests against islamic militant groups. ( I realise that kinda includes the government, but for the sake of arguing I'm going to exclude them from that line of thought)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by smartalec007
Don't spam threads with stuff like this.

Count this as a verbal warning, all of you.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by OddOneOut

Infact, I dislike any group that claims to be defending britain's best interests against islamic militant groups.

Wtf...it needs done...
Quote by gallagher2006
Wtf...it needs done...

No we don't need racist opposition groups. Start protesting against them and inciting violence and you're just as bad as the supposed "baddies" that you want to stop.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
No we don't need racist opposition groups. Start protesting against them and inciting violence and you're just as bad as the supposed "baddies" that you want to stop.

This.

Also, lol at the EDL and BNP calling UAF (Unite Against Facism) a facist hate group

Morons.
The media and the left show them in the same light as the BNP. A lot of trouble at their protests (not all though) is started by the anti fascist protesters who think because they are on the moral high ground they can get away with anything. Unfortunately there are some that fall into your typical skinhead football hooligan types which the media tend to use in thier clips, which gives the impression they are all racist when infact they're not. You nevver see clips or footage of ethnic minority members who are part of the protests.
They're objectives are perfectly reasonable but while the minority cause trouble you'll get people labelling them all idiots and they won't be taken seriously

Before i get flamed for bad punctuation i'v been awake since 3am this morning im not really with it.
Last edited by Burningritual at May 30, 2010,
Quote by OddOneOut

So a faction arranges for terrorist attacks on your home soil, and you are hiding behind a "they deserve to be here" mentality? They're against militant muslims, which I'm guessing is a blanket term for the terroristic side of fundamentalist islam, and you apparently hate the government for attempting to prevent this? They aren't against islam in general, and alot of these groups aren't either.
As long as they are only opposing militant Islam (and by extension all this Sharia law stuff) and not picking on the Muslim community as a whole then they can do what they want imo.

If they're doing what they're doing to protect British national identity then fair play to them but if they're just trying to say 'Muslims get out' then i can't say i support them
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by gallagher2006
So a faction arranges for terrorist attacks on your home soil, and you are hiding behind a "they deserve to be here" mentality? They're against militant muslims, which I'm guessing is a blanket term for the terroristic side of fundamentalist islam, and you apparently hate the government for attempting to prevent this? They aren't against islam in general, and alot of these groups aren't either.

The burka isn't a terrorist tool. Why would they want to ban it unless they were against islam in general?
Quote by gallagher2006

what she's saying is fighting fire with fire is bad, mmk.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The burka isn't a terrorist tool. Why would they want to ban it unless they were against islam in general?

Lol banning the burka isn't against islam. Hoods are banned in shopping centres
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I'm not agreeing with this group, I'm agreeing with groups that are against terrorism, something that is often deemed as racist.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This.

Also, lol at the EDL and BNP calling UAF (Unite Against Facism) a facist hate group

Morons.

If they hate fascists isn't it a fascist hate group?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Burningritual
Lol banning the burka isn't against islam. Hoods are banned in shopping centres

Banning the burka ISN'T against Islam? Who wears burkas again?

Quote by Jackal58
If they hate fascists isn't it a fascist hate group?

Lol, adjective fail.

I mean they say things like "the facist group UAF...." and whatnot.
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
As long as they are only opposing militant Islam (and by extension all this Sharia law stuff) and not picking on the Muslim community as a whole then they can do what they want imo.

If they're doing what they're doing to protect British national identity then fair play to them but if they're just trying to say 'Muslims get out' then i can't say i support them

The programme I was watching, a lot of what they claim to be standing for was proven to be a load of crap. Seems that some parts of the EDL are more extreme than others, and some factions are claiming that Islam in general is taking over, not just fundamentalist Islam.
Quote by gallagher2006
I'm not agreeing with this group, I'm agreeing with groups that are against terrorism, something that is often deemed as racist.

The EDF aren't against terrorism. They're against dem immigants, wut tukd are jerbs.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

It's banning head gear, because the few spoiled it for the many by using it to cover their face and hit shit up
Quote by MightyAl
The EDF aren't against terrorism. They're against dem immigants, wut tukd are jerbs.

EDF? The electricity company?

Too many acronyms in this thread

Quote by gallagher2006
It's banning head gear, because the few spoiled it for the many by using it to cover their face and hit shit up

No they didn't. The London bombers didn't wear burkas. They were men. No terrorist acts have ever been committed on British soil by people wearing burkas.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Thank you, I just wet myself laughing.

My point is if jews or any other religion wore the burka it would still be a problem, not just because it's muslims who wear it.
They clearly need to grow up a wee bit. Muslims practising their own culture is their business, you have to right to stop them. English culture (and almost all cultures) are influenced from outside and from within, trying to stop it is as futile and stupid as trying to prevent the tide coming in.
Practise your own culture and let them practise theirs. Alternatively go protest outside McDonalds.

...I'd say something if English culture was actually any good like
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by gallagher2006

The burka isn't just "head gear"
Iirc there have been none, or hardly any cases of muslim people wearing burkas to commit crimes.
In contrast, a lot of criminals use hoods and caps to cover their faces from CCTV so they don't get caught. Ironically, the EDL members in the pic I sourced from the EDL website are actually covering their faces.
Quote by Renka

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

No they didn't. The London bombers didn't wear burkas. They were men. No terrorist acts have ever been committed on British soil by people wearing burkas.
Weird. F isn't even anywhere near L.
Lucking carefessness.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They clearly need to grow up a wee bit. Muslims practising their own culture is their business, you have to right to stop them. English culture (and almost all cultures) are influenced from outside and from within, trying to stop it is as futile and stupid as trying to prevent the tide coming in.
Practise your own culture and let them practise theirs. Alternatively go protest outside McDonalds.

...I'd say something if English culture was actually any good like

In all fairness... what is English culture?

The ones who spout this "we have to defend English culture" stuff seem to be the wife beaters, the pie eaters, the binge drinkers, the racists, the xenophobes, the lazy, the thugs and the disillusioned (that they're going to win the World Cup this year based on the fact that they won it once over 40 years ago). That culture kinda sucks.

Obviously quite hyperbolic and completely based off what experience I have.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I'm refering to people who cover their face to go on the rob, then. Sorry for the language mix up. It's a security risk, in most public places. Surely you understand that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

The ones who spout this "we have to defend English culture" stuff seem to be the wife beaters, the pie eaters, the binge drinkers, the racists, the xenophobes, the lazy, the thugs and the disillusioned (that they're going to win the World Cup this year based on the fact that they won it once over 40 years ago). That culture kinda sucks.

Obviously quite hyperbolic and completely based off what experience I have.

English culture.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Actually there was at least one instance of a male terrorist wearing a burkha to either escape justice or smuggle explosives onto a plane, can't remember the specifics but it does happen
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by gallagher2006
I'm refering to people who cover their face to go on the rob, then. Sorry for the language mix up. It's a security risk, in most public places. Surely you understand that.

I have never worn a burka, but I don't much like the infringement of civil liberties for someone to tell me I can't wear a hood on my jacket because CCTV cameras can't see my face.

To me it seems there's more to it than that, there's a racist undertone. Like OddOneOut said, the EDL don't practice what they preach, they still cover their faces whilst trying to get it banned for others.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Being impotent?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I have never worn a burka, but I don't much like the infringement of civil liberties for someone to tell me I can't wear a hood on my jacket because CCTV cameras can't see my face.

To me it seems there's more to it than that, there's a racist undertone. Like OddOneOut said, the EDL don't practice what they preach, they still cover their faces whilst trying to get it banned for others.

Now I HAVE worn a burka, and as far as I'm concerned, the burka debate is a storm in a teacup.
Having watched a documentary where the reporter followed the EDL around for a number of days, I can say that I don't like or appreciate what they're campaigning for. They appear horribly racist, even if they do have a few token black and Asian guys (one of their "star" members is Asian but from Scotland. That I really don't understand.)
Page 1 of 5