Does anyone know any links to interviews of families talking about their experiences with losing a family member because of war?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Away from that. Could you guys answer the two questions below?

Do you think the act of war is necessary?
Yes.
No.
Explain:

Have you lost someone because of war? They don’t have to be soldier. They could have been a citizen, for example.
Yes.
No.
If yes, would you like to explain your experience you and your family had to go through?

Please, include your name, age, and country.
Last edited by The Arsis at May 30, 2010,
Is this homework?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I don't know interviews but I know a few songs that talk about it "Another Hero Lost" is probably my fav.

First question; No would be my answer. But for a more realistic point of view, we are prideful people, its in our nature to defend and enforce our beliefs, so war is, to me, inevitable in high population.

The second one, no; But I have lost family to other things (disease and drugs and what not), But I won't compare those to war related deaths.
Its the sins you do that make us who we are, but we still go to hell for them.
Paddy
Republic of Ireland

Quote by The Arsis

Yes.
No.
Explain:

In an ideal world it would not be, but where aggression occurs or democracy/diplomacy fails people do need to be able to defend themselves. However I also reckon some countries go way overboard with defence spending.

Have you lost someone because of war? They don’t have to be soldier. They could have been a citizen, for example.
Yes.
No.
If yes, would you like to explain your experience you and your family had to go through?

My family has. My Grand Uncle died in the Troubles in Northern Ireland resulting in my Grandfather dying shortly afterwards and my Dad having to move back to Ireland. So it had a pretty profound effect on my family.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Jonathan
Age 20
United States of America.

I'm also a member of the Armed Forces, if that helps your project.

Yes.
No.
Explain:

At times, yes it is, because until humanity as a whole can live peacefully and progressively, as opposed to retrograde, there are those who must always be ready to act defensively against those who would act aggressively.

Yes.
No.

Yes I have; see my signature. I don't want to explain
My God, it's full of stars!
Yes.
No.
Explain: With Diplomacy, alot can be solved. As long as both countries are somewhat tolerant the dispute can be solved without war.

Yes.
No.

That's about it.
DeVillains!
Don
US of A

Yes.
Occasionally it is necessary.

Yes.
My oldest brother. Cambodia 1972.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yes.
No.
Explain:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Yes.
No.

Thankfully no, but I do have a close family member serving in the military.
Brad
Pretty mobile biotch.

A good friend of mine's dad was killed two years ago by an IED. He was a cool dude, talked with him lots about music. A guy whose kids I babysat was shit in the head by a sniper last year. Coma for a month, still recovering mentally, in wheelchair, can barely write his name. His kids were 4 and 7.

My dad isn't dead, but he's been changed a lot by war and the military and you can tell. Been deployed or traveling 6-7 years of my 15 year long life and about 4 years to Iraq or Afghanistan. Or relationship isn't the best, and not great at all with my sister or brother.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Last edited by Doctor Wu at May 30, 2010,
http://dnn.epcc.edu/nwlibrary/borderlands/13_company_e_survivor.htm

This article is about the company my great uncle was a part of in WWII. His name is Ricardo Palacios. He is still alive and well, too. I had to do a project on my family heritage and I decided to interview my grandmother, both siblings. She recalled hearing the news that her brother had been captured and the stress it put on their family. Even 50 years later it hurt her to talk about it.

I hope that helps.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at May 30, 2010,
Tim
I'm American, but I've lived in France for the past 2 years.

I would like to think that war isn't necessary, but that would be unrealistic. Usually the "good" side in wars (I use quotes because there is no clear morality, especially in such extreme conditions) is the side that is reacting to a clear, aggressive act by the other side.

I have not lost anyone in war, but my grandfather served as a commando in WWII and my cousin just got back from fighting in Afghanistan. Although I do not agree with the circumstances under which my cousin was fighting, I am glad that he, a good, honest person, was there rather than some cruel or ignorant person.