Okay, so I love the looks of the Dean Razorbacks, but as I was thinking about it, and I'm wondering if they are very comforable for playing sitting down? Seeing as they are pretty pointy, I wouldn't expect them to be too comforable. Anybody have any veiws on this? thanks.
Go and play it.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I tried a razorback V
it wasn't that comfortable. look at an old trivium vid on when they used to play razorbacks and how they hold them on the lesson.

But with a metal guitar, you should play standing up. its better for practicing anyways, isnt it?
Well I own an ML, and it's definitely more comfortable than a Strat or an SG IMO(call me nuts), and since a Razorback is pretty much just a pointy ML, I don't see it being a lot more uncomfortable, providing you play it with the bottom fins going out over the sides of your thigh. Or just play standing up, like Glenn said. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I own a Razorback...never had any problems with playing while sitting. However, if i'm sitting in a really low chair, i sometimes accidentally smack the bottom trailing fin on the ground.
alright, ill play it first. i really like the look, so i might just get over it if its uncomfortable.
I don't find them that uncomfortable. The size can be a bit awkward though in a low seat.
If you're sitting on the ground or in a really low chair the bottom horn on an ML or Razorback will hit the ground.

Yes, they're very comfortable to play. Unless you've got some weird playing style where the points on the horns are in your gut or in your face then you've got a problem with your playing style . I can actually sit my Razorback in playing position on my leg, let go, and it won't neck dive or slip off at all, they're very balanced. The only problem I have with a Razorback is trying to play behind my head, the point in between the pickups digs into your neck haha
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Enix165
Well I own an ML, and it's definitely more comfortable than a Strat or an SG IMO(call me nuts), and since a Razorback is pretty much just a pointy ML, I don't see it being a lot more uncomfortable, providing you play it with the bottom fins going out over the sides of your thigh. Or just play standing up, like Glenn said. =P

Exactly, you place your thigh between the fins, and the upper horn sits on your other thigh. In this position, ML's are the most comfortable guitars I played sitting down. I'd think the same would go for Razorback's.
thing i like about razorbacks sitting down, is that you can sit down with them like a strat, or a V i dont find them uncomfortable like i do explorers..
damn i find it uncomfortable to look at them so must feel F'd playing sitting down.
I nvr actually played one but I guess it won't be that much different from a ML. The only problem I have with them in terms of playability is the V neck. Some like em but personally I think it is really weird.
Well, I like em. There not the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down, but there not bad at all.
Clapton is god, accept it.
the nice thing about them is they have the V legs for classical postition and standing stability (if u put the legs between ur own legs) and the ability to be in the common position unlike most Vs
Eh.