Page 1 of 3
Simple question, guys.

Do you believe that having pride in one's Caucasian race is a legitimate pride? Is it possible to hold this belief without being racist?

As for myself, I don't think there's much to be "proud" of, from a standpoint of the Caucasian race's actions through history.

I feel like this discussion will go well with today's overall theme of human equality.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
No it's not, how is being white any better than not being white?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I don't think anyone has any right to be proud of anything that they themselves didn't take part in or cause. If you managed to bleach your skin to make yourself look authentically Caucasian and were to then use that to your advantage, then that might count.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Why would someone be proud of their skin color? It isn't something you choose, it's a complete coincidence.
If there can be black pride, I don't see why not... We might have been cruel and shit, but hey we still are pretty powerful.

I don't think you should be arrogant and boisterous about it though, then you're just an ass.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
"white pride" or pride in any race is stupid as ****. Pride is something you should feel when you accomplish something. Being born into a certain race is not an accomplishment. Being proud of being american, white, male, etc is just plain idiotic.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
White pride is for racists and idiots.

so its ok for every other race but white people? hispanics and black folks are allowed to be proud of their ancestry, heritage and race but the second a caucasian person does it, it's racist? i REALLY hope this was missed sarcasm
Why would I have pride for something that is out of my control?

White pride, black pride, etc are for racists who need to feel superior because they couldn't make anything of themselves.
I love being White. Does that make me racist? Of course it does.

I love being brown. Does that make me racist? No, of course not. Now let's all have a festival to celebrate our skin colour and have our very own radio station yaaaaaaaay
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by iro-bot31
Why would I have pride for something that is out of my control?

White pride, black pride, etc are for racists who need to feel superior because they couldn't make anything of themselves.

live in a sh!tty ghetto for 5+ years, you earn it.
I think it's stupid. That said, I think the same of Black Pride, Asian Pride, any form of national pride or anything else that involves thinking yourself better than someone else just because of something you got due to birth. I'm no more proud of being white than I am of having blue eyes.

EDIT: to z4twenny:
Surely all you've done there is earned the right to be proud of having survived 5 years in a bad situation? Or maybe you've helped out the community in that ghetto, meaning you have a right to community pride. What does skin colour have to do with any of that?
Last edited by burningcowsrule at May 30, 2010,
People with pride in their race should be required to wear eyepatches on both eyes for a week. That goes for all races.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by stef123
I love being White. Does that make me racist? Of course it does.

I love being brown. Does that make me racist? No, of course not. Now let's all have a festival to celebrate our skin colour and have our very own radio station yaaaaaaaay

And the question arises, why the **** would anyone love being white, brown, pink, yellow, phosphorescent blue?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by z4twenny
so its ok for every other race but white people? hispanics and black folks are allowed to be proud of their ancestry, heritage and race but the second a caucasian person does it, it's racist? i REALLY hope this was missed sarcasm

No, it wasn't missed sarcasm. I think people who think they should be proud of an arbitrary characteristic are racist.

Also, "white pride" does not mean "I'm proud of my white heritage". Don't be naive, it is the chant of white supremacists. (read: racists)
Caucasian people have done many, very good things both in the past and today. There is plenty to be proud of, how dare you belittle an entire race like that. Racist.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
I'm not ashamed of my skin colour. Why would anyone be?

But really, anyone who thinks their skin colour, religion (or choice of none), sexuality or political alignment makes them better than someone else has their head up their arse
_________ __________________ _________

Quote by robertito696
I mounted a dildo onto one of my combat boots, now I can show him how much I love him instead of just saying it.

Quote by SteveHouse
EVERYBODY PANIC
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
"white pride" or pride in any race is stupid as ****. Pride is something you should feel when you accomplish something. Being born into a certain race is not an accomplishment. Being proud of being american, white, male, etc is just plain idiotic.

Well I had to fight all the other sperm to make to the egg. I consider that an accomplishment. Also, I had a war flashback similar to that episode of family guy while posting this.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by damian_91
And the question arises, why the **** would anyone love being white, brown, pink, yellow, phosphorescent blue?

Why the hell wouldn't you love being phosphorescent blue? That'd be amazing....
Quote by Wulphy
I find any form of pride to be a way to get attention. No that attention is a bad thing, unless you over indulge in it, but it's something we could do without.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Scout1011
Caucasian people have done many, very good things both in the past and today. There is plenty to be proud of, how dare you belittle an entire race like that. Racist.

No, "Caucasian people" haven't. Specific individuals, whether they are white, orange or grey, have done many, very good things.

Quote by Eliyahu

People wouldn't want to sleep with you if you glow in the dark.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Last edited by damian_91 at May 30, 2010,
Im proud to be English. I love English history and heritage. Skin colour is irrelevant it just pisses me off when people confuse national pride with skin colour, or when people make comments like people wearing English football shirts are racists.
Skin colour is nothing to be proud of.
I'm not proud of my skin color just my HERITAGE come on how is this even a legitimate discussion. Everyone regardless of skin color has the right to be proud of their heritage.

But of course some people have taken their particular group and placed it above everybody else to where they not only like their heritage but hate everything that is not their heritage. I.E. retards like KKK, Black Panthers, Aryan brotherhood, La Rasa, etc.
I like being white, if I had to choose my race, I would choose to be white. That being said, I'm not proud of being white and I don't think being white is better than being any other race. I just like being white.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Eliyahu

I'm pretty sure Dr. Manhattan didn't enjoy it much.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I hate racial inequality
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
I think being proud of your race just comes along with self pride. I don't see a problem with racial pride as long as you don't belittle (is that a word?) others.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I came into this thread to say just this. It's stupid to be proud of your country of birth, you race, etc.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
No, it wasn't missed sarcasm. I think people who think they should be proud of an arbitrary characteristic are racist.

Also, "white pride" does not mean "I'm proud of my white heritage". Don't be naive, it is the chant of white supremacists. (read: racists)

You're confusing pride with power. ie, being proud of who you are, and believing you are inheritandly superior because of your race
Quote by dubstar92
I'm pretty sure Dr. Manhattan didn't enjoy it much.

Yes he did, he's just too badass to show it.
Quote by Wulphy
Quote by damian_91
No, "Caucasian people" haven't. Specific individuals, whether they are white, orange or grey, have done many, very good things.

People wouldn't want to sleep with you if you glow in the dark.

I'd like to direct you to every invention in history. Guess who they were all made by? Caucasians. It's not just a coincidence.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Being half black and half white im proud that i have family of both races, representing intergration and love between the races but aside from that i couldn't give a toss what colour i am. I'd be the same person i am now even if i was green.
I See Through The Darkness My Way Back Home...
Quote by Burningritual
...or when people make comments like people wearing English football shirts are racists.

You realise that the whole ban issue was just a load of rumours put out by some skinheads from Croydon?

Quote by Scout1011
I'd like to direct you to every invention in history. Guess who they were all made by? Caucasians. It's not just a coincidence.

You fail at history.
Last edited by burningcowsrule at May 30, 2010,
Quote by Eliyahu
Yes he did, he's just too badass to show it.

I believe it ruined his life because it forced him to withdraw from humanity as a whole and put him in isolation.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I had no idea that there were this many racists and bigots in The Pit...

Perverts, yeah, but not racists and bigots.
what is with all the racial threads today? damn! ...oh yeah almost forgot....

WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Page 1 of 3