Aight, sorry for the lame-ass topic-name, but I had no clue what to name it. :p Anyway, I just have one question, and I'm hoping one of you can just give me a quick answer ^^ So I've got my guitar (an LTD EC-1000) with my Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Nickel Wound .010 - .052-strings in D-standard/Drop C-tuning. Now I want to learn some In Flames songs, which would be in C-standard, and what I'm basically asking is; Will it work properly? Will I ruin the neck of my guitar if I do this, or will it be fine. I know the strings might get a bit floppy, but I'm just generally concerned about my guitars neck, as I love this guitar. :p

- K
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
No it won't, you're only tuning down. It might affect the intonation a tiny tiny tiny little bit, but that's nothing to worry about.
"A child can make sounds on a bass that I can't make, so nobody is better than anybody else." - Victor Wooten
Aight, thanks man ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
it'll be fine.

though if you intend to stay in that tuning for a while, i'd bump up to at least a 56 gauge on the low C, tighten truss rod a little, and if you have a floyd turn the screws in the trem cavity so the bridge is level.
Last edited by heminder at May 30, 2010,
I won't have it in C-standard for more than a couple of days, at best, I think. ^^ But thanks man, I'll keep it in mind!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-