Ok so I was contemplating a build in the summer, possibly just making the body for now, buying a neck and making a neck at a later date. Or if I can get my hands on enough wood I'll try for a neck-thru.

My question is what tools would I need to make a body and possibly a neck?

And if at all possible could anyone give a ballpark figure on the cost of these tools? (living in the UK)

Thanks for your help
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
I'm in the UK, about to start my first build (set-neck, neck and body to be made myself).

I bought...

Draper 1200W 1/4" shank Router on Amazon (new) for £49.46
Draper 710W Jigsaw on eBay (new) for £21.99 < No room for a band saw
Challenge 730W Belt Sander on eBay (secondhand) for £9.51
Silverline Workbench on eBay (new) for £21.97

All the stuff above would've cost me twice as much if I'd bought by going out in person to buy. Clamps, Radius Blocks, Blades, Sanding Belts, Router Bits, etc, etc can all be found on eBay cheaper than in the shops too.

Definately search for your power tools on eBay/Amazon though.

I bought all my body and neck wood pre-planed as I don't have the space, money or access to a bench planer/thicknesser. The above tools will do for now.
Last edited by lostcreation333 at May 30, 2010,
Router
Fret Saw
Radius Block
Hand drill + bits
C clamps

Everything could be done with that, if you took the time to make templates so you can cut out everything with the router. Otherwise, get a Scroll saw. Pretty Cheap.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Ok thanks for the info I'll follow your build lostcreation and see how it goes for you, good luck with your build!
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Quote by Casually_Spoken
Ok thanks for the info I'll follow your build lostcreation and see how it goes for you, good luck with your build!

No worries, good luck with your build too