I'm really really digging my new Washburn X10 guitar but there's been a really annoying problem that's bugging me. One of the screws is supposed to tighten the input jack... well... the screw hole kind of got wider and the screw is loose, refusing to fit. So... this is very very detrimental to my playing quality since plugging it into an amp is pretty hard since I am afraid it will become worse. I removed the screws, but I am afraid the wires could be torn. Any solutions?

So far I have heard of using wood filler on the screw hole. Does anyone have insight on such an issue? Are pictures necessary?
The body is basswood for reference.
Last edited by BlackSabba at Jun 10, 2010,
Take some glue, fill the hole with it and put a match in. Wait for it to fit (24 hours or so). Break the part of the match that sticks out of the hole, and screw the input jack there. Problem should be solved.
Use the toothpick and glue method. Don't even bother trying wood fill because it won't be strong enough.
Wait... which glue do I use?
Standard super glue? And how am I going to fill the hole? It's a bit small...
Sorry for inexperience.
Use a wood glue like Tite Bond.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Oh well. I guess I have to wait until after the exams to visit some madly skilled carpenters.
To be off-topic, my grandfather was a carpenter. He would have been sick(skills) if he hadn't died at 35. Sadly, I don't have much carpenter genes at all.
What do you people think of me training in a carpentry workshop in my spare summer vacation time?
I say if you can glue that toothpick in the hole yourself, you passed the test and you're ready to go for the carpentry training.
Yes, I've tried this, but with other parts - such as the thing that holds the springs in tremolo bridge, or this funny thing on which you strap your strap.

Sorry for my English ^^' .
UPDATE: It's been fixed a looooong time ago. I filled the holes with as much toothpicks as possible(in my case 3) and used super glueon the ends of the toothpicks. I filled the damaged hole with superglue. Dried in a few minutes. I screwed in the screws with pressure to drill a new hole.
This makeshift wood filler worked, and is working flawlessly. The reason that I haven't updated in a long time is because like a responsible guitar learner, I was learning guitar. The reason I DID update is because the A string broke.
I'm going to a workshop this summer to learn carpentry.
I know this may be off topic, but... at the end of the neck(not the headstock) where the truss rod adjustment thing is... there is a protruding crack in the wood... WTF? It feels like it escaped from extreme pressure or something.

Hail bumping.
Sigh. Instructions for uploading a picture? You know, few years back when I was a kid I really was a forum spammer and could do this. Sadly I've become noobish with age.
does the crack move when you carefully press, play or move the guitar?

does the guitar buzz there when you play the guitar?

if not, it might just be a surface crack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It doesn't move. Doesn't buzz. What are the side effects of surface cracks and how the hell did it happen?
no side effects, and sometimes you get cracks over time.

guitars are living things. they adjust over time.

if it doesn't seem to be a problem, then don't worry about it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by BlackSabba
Sigh. Instructions for uploading a picture? You know, few years back when I was a kid I really was a forum spammer and could do this. Sadly I've become noobish with age.

Upload it to www.flickr.com then post its URL "http://blahblah...something.jpg" between "(Invalid img)" tags.