Hi. I am looking for a used 1x15 bass amp combo that has at least 300w @ 2 ohm, within a price range of $400 shipped or less. Any suggestions or recommendations of alternatives? Thanks.
You are not going to find a lot of combos rated at 2 ohms. I imagine you aren't going to find any combos rated at 2 ohms. Look for a used Ampeg, but it will probably be rated at about 200 watts. Bigger than that and you are likely to be looking at a 2x10 and more money.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm a beginner bassist, looking to get something not just for rehearsal but for being able to play small gigs - i'll be back at college in a few months and working to play shows with student bands. I was looking for 2 ohms for the factor of it being higher RMS. Perhaps I should be looking into a 4x10, as opposed to a 1x15? For anyone who wants to know, i'd be generally playing rock and metal, on either my standard tuned bass, or a 5 string bass down-tuned a full step. Overall, im really just looking for the best suggestion for something thats 400 shipped or less and will get me the most bang for my buck with the ability to play small gigs without being drowned out by the guitar.
I dont think you could find an amp like the one you described new at the price you gave us. But try craigslist in your area and you might be able to find something good and not that expensive. If you dont mind breaking your budget a bit, try this out maybe:

http://
Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ibanez SR300F
Line 6 LD175
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by Derk'ed
Bass gets you laid. Tell him that.
Quote by abbazabba611
I'm a beginner bassist, looking to get something not just for rehearsal but for being able to play small gigs - i'll be back at college in a few months and working to play shows with student bands. I was looking for 2 ohms for the factor of it being higher RMS. Perhaps I should be looking into a 4x10, as opposed to a 1x15? For anyone who wants to know, i'd be generally playing rock and metal, on either my standard tuned bass, or a 5 string bass down-tuned a full step. Overall, im really just looking for the best suggestion for something thats 400 shipped or less and will get me the most bang for my buck with the ability to play small gigs without being drowned out by the guitar.

That's not how ohms work.

That's a measure of how much wattage is put out at a particular impedence.

An amp putting out 200W at 2ohms is as loud as an amp putting out 200W at 4ohms and 8ohms.

The impedence is a consideration when it comes to speakers. If you're getting a combo, you don't really need to worry about it, unless you want to add a cabinet extension later to increase the output (as some amps have a lower rating without an extra speaker).
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
That does seem pretty good to me. I like the amp and the price is right.
Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ibanez SR300F
Line 6 LD175
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by Derk'ed
Bass gets you laid. Tell him that.
Quote by abbazabba611
what do you think of this one?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-MB115-1x15-200W-Ultralight-Bass-Combo-Amp-105342471-i1473232.gc
on musicians friend i can get it for 370 shipped with their "heroes" coupon code right now. Seem good or no?

When I saw the subject I was immediately going to reccomend this beauty (I mic it as my main amp) but someone else beat me
My Instruments:
MusicMan S.U.B. 4
Ibanez SR500
Peavey BAM 210
Gallien-Kruger MB115 Ultralight
DigiTech Bass Whammy
I was also about to recommend the Marshall MB series combo's, but dont get the MB4210, i had 3 crap out on me after a few hours of purchase... 3!!!!

I know have an MB450H & MBC115, its not bad
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals