I'm already set on the Dimarzio Crunchlab 7 and Liquifire 7(complete Petrucci worshipper). I know one site makes pickup rings for converting 707 routes into passives without having massive gaping holes. The neck pickup of my schecter is placed right up next to neck, so will i have trouble with the ring not fitting, or are 707 wider than passives? Also, instead of having push-pull pots, I'm thinking of having a master volume, no tone, and one pot for each pickup that when turned to middle the pickup will be in a humbucker configuration, and turning the knob from center will essentially turn off one coil. Which coil stays on will depend on the way the knob is turned. Will this work? Or is it a pipe dream not worth attempting.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
The setup won't suck my tone, will it? and does anybody have any idea about the pickup mounting rings?
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Ordered the pickups, unfortunately my local tech is out for a few days. It will be a few days until i can have him install. But I've formulated a new wiring possibility. Would it be possible to install a three way switch where my old tone pot was, and have it control the coil splitting. It would be down for bridgewards coil/no neck, middle for humbucker, up for neckwards coil/no bridge coil. I would also have either two independent volumes or master volume and master tone.
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?