http://www.mediafire.com/?gzrdgqc2zrj

I just recorded that and I was wondering if anyone had heard it before, I want to blow it up into a full-blown song but I wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally rip it off.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Doesn't sound like anything specifically, however, it is pretty trite rhythmically. That's where you just gotta be careful that you don't have a song stuck in your head when you write something like this. Because hundreds of songs have that rhythm. (I can tell by ear it is based on power chords, separated by 2 palm muted root notes). You're fine, I would say, but as a side note, it sounded very dull and predictable.

Most of the time, you shouldn't have to worry about ripping a song off, unless you really have a gut feeling that it sounds too familiar. You could always pop it into a sound profiler like Music ID or Shazam and see if it recognizes a different song.

EDIT: Haha I wasn't trying to say that in a mean way. I tried it on Shazam and Tunatic for the hell of it, and got nothing. You're fine.

AnotherEdit: Tunatic sucks. I just played One by Metallica, and it told me the song was Deliver Us To Evil by Exodus. They literally have no similar tunes/rhythms.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at May 30, 2010,
Okay, I was kind of expecting that sort of thing. Not sure if I want to run with it for that exact reason, it's not exactly creative, haha. I will have you know that I used barre chords though. :P
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
kinda has that "generic" sound, not really a song in specific,
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Dude, that riff is pretty cool, has a lot of "influences", maybe too much But I would say, by itself, it's acceptable, but in live performaces a lot of people would say you "got it" from somewhere even if you didn't. Neat work, keep going!