I was thinking of getting a snow machine for when my 'soon to be' band plays and stuff.
Does anyone know if this would ruin the gear though? Like make it wet, or get whatever chemical is used to make the snow, in the pickups or speakers or something and ruin it?

Because it seems like it would do something like that, however I don't know for sure anyone here have experience with that type of deal?
The snow evaporates on everything it lands making it really wet....cool thought again but certainly not a good idea. Trust me i know we had a christmas production of charlie brown once and used one of these things intermission consisted of me direction my tech crew like lunatics behind the curtain mopping up the theatre floor trying to make it safe. It will ruin your gear and the venues. I mean hell we've had to ban silly string from our venues because it got all i nthe gear and lights and crap.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
What the...

I don't even... are you planning on having a ski themed gig or something!?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
i dunno.. i know you can pay people that have these machines that blow small bits of foam and polystyrene up into the air for a snowy effect that wont melt. it would be expensive though. i know they use stuff like that on tv shows for xmas specials and things and it doesn't seem to damage mics or anything.
What if I got something to shoot ashes up into the air like snow? (sounds pretty cool, I think they did this at concentration camps though )
Gets rid of the wetness, however the fact that the ash might get into the gear creates a problem. Plus there's the possibility of health issues relating to it getting in your lungs, and just being hard to breathe.
You should worry less about machines and worry more about how tight your music is and your actual stage presence.

And yes, sir, I did quote you.
Originally posted by zomgguitarz1234

What if I got something to shoot ashes up into the air like snow? (sounds pretty cool, I think they did this at concentration camps though )
Quote by dpalese
You should worry less about machines and worry more about how tight your music is and your actual stage presence.

And yes, sir, I did quote you.

Well yeah the musics got to be good, but if you want to throw a kick ass show you have to have some sort of stage effects.
I mean instead of picking between sounding good, and looking cool, whats wrong with having both?
That's true. What genre does your band play?

Quote by dpalese
That's true. What genre does your band play?

Metal, mostly thrash metal. Nice sig btw.

-edit-
What if I shredded a shitload of paper and had some fan blow it all? It'd be a bitch to clean up, but thats pretty much it. I highly doubt it could ruin gear.

Can someone shoot me a fan idea that could do this?
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at May 30, 2010,
Strobes. Strobes can GREATLY enhance thrash.

Also, you could try placing a tarp over your gear? Like your stacks? Like a clear tarp? Or make the snow machine shoot over the crowd, not your equipment.

Quote by dpalese
Also, you could try placing a tarp over your gear? Like your stacks? Like a clear tarp? Or make the snow machine shoot over the crowd, not your equipment.

The problem with that is it might muffle how the amp sounds, and if the crowds not prepared to get wet they might be a bit.... pissed

\
Quote by dpalese
Strobes. Strobes can GREATLY enhance thrash.

Yeah but I'm trying to do something new. Its not like all we want attentionand neglect music. Its more of I just want to try to do something that is a bit more refreshing (lol cuz snows made of water).

It would be cool for a song about the winter or freezing or something. Like if we did a cover of freezing moon, minus bad vocals.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at May 31, 2010,
Foam machine? Lots of clubs hold foam partys. You could ask to rent a machine from them.
I say go the GWAR route with spraying the audience fake blood or the David Lee Roth route with vodka
I think a foam machine might be bad for your gear as well. I would personally do paper confetti, maybe with something a bit sparkly, like if there was a little bit of glitter on it, or of you had paper with a reflective finish on it (kind of like holo Pokemon cards/foil magic cards) or maybe just a thin coat of silver paint on one side. You'd have to sweep it up in the end, but that would probably take you 20 minutes.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Last edited by Mephysteaux at May 31, 2010,
No! Don't Rip Up The Holo Pokemon Cards!!!!!!

Quote by dpalese
No! Don't Rip Up The Holo Pokemon Cards!!!!!!

Unless they're those new shitty pokemon that look like robots.
Ya got the truth, sir. Keep the originals only. Also, another idea, building on the confetti. Hve them in buckets over the crowd, and at a certain point in the song, make them all dump. Like a pulley system? Another sweet idea for effects would be making fake bodies on nooses and having them drop down like they just got hung at certain points in the song.

First of all, snow machines only work in temperatures bellow freezing. They are basicly giant sprinklers so that they shoot tiny droplets of water. Those droplets then freze in midair and you get snow. BUT! If the temperature is above freezing they dont work, and you would only get rain. So yeah, a snow machine is a terrible idea. Also, they should be expensive as hell and use a lot of water.
I would just get a fog machine, some strobe lights and thats it, maybe some colored lights so the fog looks red or blue or whatever. Or you could shoot or throw white confetti. Or get ome lasers. Anything but a snow machine basicly.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
First of all, snow machines only work in temperatures bellow freezing. They are basicly giant sprinklers so that they shoot tiny droplets of water. Those droplets then freze in midair and you get snow. BUT! If the temperature is above freezing they dont work, and you would only get rain. So yeah, a snow machine is a terrible idea. Also, they should be expensive as hell and use a lot of water.
I would just get a fog machine, some strobe lights and thats it, maybe some colored lights so the fog looks red or blue or whatever. Or you could shoot or throw white confetti. Or get ome lasers. Anything but a snow machine basicly.

Really now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdQxtHelEX4#t=06m15s
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at May 31, 2010,
do the bodies hanging on nooses.

For the price it takes to hire a snow machine, you could buy an amp bigger than those two 10 watters you have there.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
For the price it takes to hire a snow machine, you could buy an amp bigger than those two 10 watters you have there.

I'm getting a peavey vypyr 75 already. A snow machine you don't have to hire they have them for sale on guitar center, although they're pretty expensive to.
Bodies. Nooses.

Sure. Just bodies on nooses haha. Or falling from over the crowd.

the snow is very damn sticky. Its some sort of chemical thing usually. Do what my friends band who use a snowmachine do. They put it up so that it bursts over the CROWD instead of the stage. Then the singer has a trigger for it taped to his mikestand

and suddenly, during the last song.. BOOM, snow! All over the crowd.. and they love it.. and get all sticky.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!