Page 1 of 2
I was watching RoboCop 2 on TV and noticed that he killed the criminals that had fired at him repeatedly after they robbed a gun store (that apparently stocked a few rocket launchers, wft?).

I began thinking of the ethics of this. A real police officer, a person, is justified in using deadly force if their life is in immediate danger. But with RoboCop, who is considered the property of OCP (the big evil corporation) his "life" is never in danger. He is near invincible and has the targeting capabilities for disarming and incapacitating a criminal.

So why can RoboCop use deadly force if he never in danger and can easily use other non lethal means?

Yes, I know it's a movie.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Because it's awesome.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I love some of the threads the pit makes. Watch this become a super serial discussion.

I don't feel like the use of deadly force is justified, for the same reasons you have.
What fuck the?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by rockingamer2
I was watching RoboCop 2 on TV and noticed that he killed the criminals that had fired at him repeatedly after they robbed a gun store (that apparently stocked a few rocket launchers, wft?).

I began thinking of the ethics of this. A real police officer, a person, is justified in using deadly force if their life is in immediate danger. But with RoboCop, who is considered the property of OCP (the big evil corporation) his "life" is never in danger. He is near invincible and has the targeting capabilities for disarming and incapacitating a criminal.

So why can RoboCop use deadly force if he never in danger and can easily use other non lethal means?

Yes, I know it's a movie.

Well there's yer problem. You don't really need to think of ethics while watching RoboCop.
Quote by Piscasis
Well there's yer problem. You don't really need to think of ethics while watching RoboCop.

Well it's not like I sat down with the intent to watch RoboCop. I was channel surfing, saw some of RoboCop 2, then this came to mind.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Because when you have shitbag-criminals that start robbing stores and shooting at people, they don't deserve to be treated with the same respect that a law-abiding person should get.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Well, I guess that's why nobody likes RoboCop then.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I'm surprised you even have to ask it's obviously because he can no longer get a boner.
well, if they are stupid enough to shoot at a robot cop, and think they can live, they should be shot? idk, i see it as if there shooting at him what will stop them from shooting an unmechanized cop?
*A guy Jaywalks*
Robocop: Sir, im going to have to write up a ticket for your actions. While jaywalking might not be the most serious crime in the world, it can create traffic problems and potential danger for all parties.
Guy: Yes, officer. I apologize, I am just running late for work is all.
Robocop: I believe you. Here i'll let it slip this time, just try not to do it again.
Guy: Yes, of course sir.
Robocop: Alright, go along. And have a nice day.
Guy: Yeah, you too officer.

Gosh, that sounds like a better movie.
Quote by Kanthras
Because it's awesome.

This.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by rockingamer2
Well it's not like I sat down with the intent to watch RoboCop. I was channel surfing, saw some of RoboCop 2, then this came to mind.
When thoughts like that come to mind, kill them. With fire, if necessary.
Or call RoboCop and have him do it for you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Because they deserved to die.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Yeah, but in RoboCop 3 he pulls a metal door off it's hinges with ease, but less than a minute later he shoots his way through a wooden door.
Is he a fucking moron!?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Yeah, but in RoboCop 3 he pulls a metal door off it's hinges with ease, but less than a minute later he shoots his way through a wooden door.
Is he a fucking moron!?
It's like when Superman stands there getting shot at, but moves out of the way when the baddies through their guns at him.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
It's like when Superman stands there getting shot at, but moves out of the way when the baddies through their guns at him.

That's probably because a thrown gun is easier to dodge than ****ing bullets.
Quote by rockingamer2

Unless RoboCop was standing right next to them, he cannot catch them. I've never seen him run. Thus people can outrun him and continue on a murderous rampage. Best to shoot them and stop it?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by JacobTheMe
*A guy Jaywalks*
Robocop: Sir, im going to have to write up a ticket for your actions. While jaywalking might not be the most serious crime in the world, it can create traffic problems and potential danger for all parties.
Robocop: I believe you. Here i'll let it slip this time, just try not to do it again.

I agree
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by Piscasis
That's probably because a thrown gun is easier to dodge than ****ing bullets.

But if he can take bullets, why not a big piece a metal traveling much slower. And I'm pretty sure dodging bullets is a piece of cake for Supes.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Behind all the metal RoboCop is just a bitter man angry at the world for creating him into the monster that he is. Society reapes what it sows, and it reaped RoboCop.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by JacobTheMe
*A guy Jaywalks*

I'd buy that for a dollar!

If there were other cops around, he probably did it to save them.
Quote by WaitWhat?
Behind all the metal RoboCop is just a bitter man angry at the world for creating him into the monster that he is. Society reapes what it sows, and it reaped RoboCop.

I think he was angry at the man who shot off his hand initially...
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by WaitWhat?
Behind all the metal RoboCop is just a bitter man angry at the world for creating him into the monster that he is. Society rapes everyone, and it raped RoboCop.

Fix'd
Quote by TheQuailman
There's plenty of lesbians that aren't obese. I have videos to prove it.
Quote by ryan_nadon
What fuck the?

good job now you got ryan all conjumbled....

anyway you have got a point about that but i think if they grab rocket launchers they are a danger to the people so it's "justified" in that case.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by piratemetalhead
he's ****ing robocop, he can do whatever he wants

Yeah I agree. If you have the balls to f*ck RoboCop, you get a free b.a. pass.
Quote by TheQuailman
There's plenty of lesbians that aren't obese. I have videos to prove it.
Quote by rock.freak667
I think he was angry at the man who shot off his hand initially...

Initially yes, but after thinking about why the guy shot his hand off in the first place he came to the conclusion that it was because the guy was brought up in poverty and without an iPod.

The guy had an abusive father as well who used to beat his mother and rob rich people outside of theatres to try to get enough to afford and iPod, until one day when he capped two rich mofo's infront of their son so he disappeared leaving his mother to look after him with no support. She became a prostitute and a heroin addict, eventually topping herself when he was just fourteen.

He still had no way to listen to his music so he decided to try his dads old trade of robbing folk which he was good at and just after a few months he finally got his iPod. Realising that a life of crime paid he soon bought himself an iPhone aswell and formed a social club with people who also couldn't afford iPods when they were young and wreaked havoc on society.

Maybe if society had been able to get them iPods when they were young RoboCop might still have his hand and the world might of been a happier place...

Why the fuck did I just type that?
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by rockingamer2
But if he can take bullets, why not a big piece a metal traveling much slower. And I'm pretty sure dodging bullets is a piece of cake for Supes.

Well superman is a bullshit superhero anyways.
Quote by Piscasis
Well superman is a bullshit superhero anyways.

I agree, no hero should be THAT strong. He's invincible, it's just unfair. And give him a better weakness than a ****ing ROCK.
Off topic but,

Robocop 2 was the worst movie ever made. Matter a fact, the first one was the only good one, ever made.
Quote by phlip999
I agree, no hero should be THAT strong. He's invincible, it's just unfair. And give him a better weakness than a ****ing ROCK.

Exactly. Though Batman kicked his ass using kryptonite gloves I believe.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Well short answer...because he can.

But then again...Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't.
If I want to see some law-obiding officers fight crime with peaceful manners, I would watch some crime documentaries.
Of course he kills them You don't have to pay dead actors.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2