So over the exam period out of sheer boredom I created a few facebook fan pages. Two of these have gained a considerable number of fans. One with almost 40,000 and the other with over a 100,000. And both are still growing fast.

So, being 1/15 Jewish, this got me thinking: how can I make money off these.

I was just thinking of a few ways there. Offering to promote products relate to the subjects of these or just posting links to advertising websites or something.

But these would be fairly hard to set up and unsustainable as well.

Does anyone know of a feasible way of making money off fan-pages that is also fairly simple and relatively easy to set up?

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
You don't.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
And why not?

☻/

/▌

/ \

1. Make a post saying you are not going to be able to keep the fan pages up for long because your parents are shipping you off to some juvenile detention camp where you used to be. Then, a day or two later, post saying you ran away with nothing but your laptop and the clothes on your back. Then, create a fake profile and offer to donate money to the poor runaway. Reluctantly set up a Paypal account, or something, and sit back.

2. ???

3. Profit.
Ebay + add listings + post your ebay link on the fan page = Probably the best you'll get
RIP Tom Searle.

Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
''So, being 1/15 Jewish, this got me thinking: how can I make money off these. ''

Cracked me up XD
Quote by eterom11
And why not?

Most people only join the group, maybe post a comment, and never visit back again.
And unless it's something worthy [like a really good catchphrase], selling merch won't do much either.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Most people only join the group, maybe post a comment, and never visit back again.
And unless it's something worthy [like a really good catchphrase], selling merch won't do much either.

They're fan pages so anything I post appears in the live stream of every member.

☻/

/▌

/ \

Quote by eterom11
They're fan pages so anything I post appears in the live stream of every member.

And everyone that does that I don't want to hear about again gets instantly removed from my newsfeed. Why the **** do I care what some group leader just had for dinner.
all these ones that make you do surveys make money from ad revenue but i think that's all you can do.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Use the fan page to promote one of those sites where you get cash for every person you refer?
🙈 🙉 🙊
I've seen a number recently using a website (which I won't name here, you should be able to find it easily enough), which, when you're linking to another website, gives you some money back (at least, I think that's the general idea of it).

So the fan page will say something like "LOL AwSuM L1NK!!!111one" and when you click it, it will go to a page saying "make money off of linking! get your share! redirecting in X seconds!", then link to the other page.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by The_Czar
''So, being 1/15 Jewish, this got me thinking: how can I make money off these. ''

Cracked me up XD

Given the madness that is the Pit today, I actually thought of this earlier, and thought about making a thread but figured it'd get locked. So my question is: Where did the 'Jewish people are greedy' stereotype come from?
Quote by GRiMM94
Given the madness that is the Pit today, I actually thought of this earlier, and thought about making a thread but figured it'd get locked. So my question is: Where did the 'Jewish people are greedy' stereotype come from?

back in the 15 century (i think) the pope outlawed interest on loans, putting bankers out of business. since the jews weren't governed by christian laws, they took up the empty profession, and soon became hated for both being a minority, and charging interest to the christians.

i think.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by Austyn6661
back in the 15 century (i think) the pope outlawed interest on loans, putting bankers out of business. since the jews weren't governed by christian laws, they took up the empty profession, and soon became hated for both being a minority, and charging interest to the christians.

i think.

Kind of like 'The Merchant of Venice?' That kinda makes sense I guess. It's wrong, but it makes sense.
Quote by iro-bot31
1. Make a post saying you are not going to be able to keep the fan pages up for long because your parents are shipping you off to some juvenile detention camp where you used to be. Then, a day or two later, post saying you ran away with nothing but your laptop and the clothes on your back. Then, create a fake profile and offer to donate money to the poor runaway. Reluctantly set up a Paypal account, or something, and sit back.

2. ???

3. Profit.

Oh.
My.
God.
Win.

I'd totally forgotten about that!
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by GRiMM94
Kind of like 'The Merchant of Venice?' That kinda makes sense I guess. It's wrong, but it makes sense.

yeah, + the hatred towards jews was already there, it just gave the christians a label to attach to them, and yeah. history class ftw hahaha

and TS, you can make money of your fan page by... LOL jk you're broke.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by asator
Oh.
My.
God.
Win.

I'd totally forgotten about that!

Woah woah woah wait.

Someone actually did that?
Quote by GRiMM94
Woah woah woah wait.

Someone actually did that?

To the pit, no less.

EDIT: I'd find the thread, but I have no idea what to search, and can't be bothered thinking about it enough to rectify that. Someone find it for me?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
To the pit, no less.

So someone actually did that and the Pit donated and everything?
Quote by iro-bot31

2. ???

3. Profit.

Very well played, sir
Quote by GRiMM94
So someone actually did that and the Pit donated and everything?

Someone posted the thread, and there's also an ED page.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at May 30, 2010,
Dude, linkbucks. Link shit and get cash, with 100,000 you could get like $40.
http://www.linkbucks.com/referral/254883
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Last edited by papershredder at May 30, 2010,
Quote by papershredder
Dude, linkbucks. Link shit and get cash, with 100,000 you could get like $40.
http://www.linkbucks.com/referral/254883
Please use my refer, i only made $0.06 so far because nobody wants to know how the world will end :'(
Please

edit: yeah read blog http://facebookcash.blogs.linkbucks.com/

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be advertising that here.

Quote by iro-bot31
Encyclopedia Dramatica link
Isn't that also against the rules? I feel like kind of an ass for pointing you guys out but I don't want any bannage in this thread.
Nah I don't think I'm really advertising... I'm answering this guy's question exactly... I'd never advertise that anywhere else :P
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by iro-bot31

2. ???

3. Profit.

That kid was a decent troll.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by GRiMM94

Isn't that also against the rules? I feel like kind of an ass for pointing you guys out but I don't want any bannage in this thread.

I have no idea if ED is bannable, but I took it down anyway. Thanks for looking out for me.
Quote by GRiMM94
I remember that now. That whole thing was a farce really. What I'm more curious about is why Carmel waited so long to tell us that he'd been scamming everyone.

Probably because it wasn't exactly a problem until he started scamming people out of their money. She probably didn't check until then.