OK so I know there's a lot of these probably 90 percent of them are the same problems but here I go.
So about two to three years ago I started playing bass. My friend who is a guitarist then asked if a I wanted to join a band with him so I did. It started off pretty well with like three good practices then it just went downhill. It's been on off and me and the guitarist are the only ones who have not left or come back to leave again. First off our rhythm guitarist left and a drummer said he needed a break to concentrate on school work. Then when it was over he didn't really want to play that much and was contemplating selling his drums. Then about maybe 4 months ago the band got a bit of life back into it when we decided to bring in a new rhythm guitarist and a singer ( you see we never had a permanent one) and a keyboardist. Again after a good few solid practices it went downhill. Excuses for not practicing ranged from the weather was too good to I want to go home and eat dinner (seriously). Me and the guitarist together have covered 50 odd songs from Biffy Clyro to Pantera but the band have done little to no songs. We havent had a practice with the full band in months and I don't know when we will. By guitarist asked if I wanted to join a new one with him as well as continuing in the current one but I'm unsure because I don't want the same thing to happen. Another problem is we all kinda have different taste in music. Like I am into most rock ranging from every genre but some of the lads argue about what songs to do or not to do.
Really I suppose I'm asking what should I do like our singer sometimes goes early or says he can't sing because his throat is at him. Our drummer is not really there much and the story with the keyboardist is that two members asked two different keyboardists without anyone knowing so what should I do and also our rhythm well he is doing good but at times seems like he doesn't want to practice. Should I drop it or try and talk to them about it and make it clear if they don't come and get their act together I'm off. I'm stuck here it his really frustrating.
learn to manage
set a precise schedule for practice
if they dont show up
theyre out of the band
dont settle on musicians, theres plenty around believe it or not
keep strict rules or else youre ****ed
Your band hasn't practiced in months - they probably aren't coming back. Well at least you can start clean again.

But note these rules;

1. Set a practice time and day (only once or twice a week) and stay with it. Don't make up a new time every week.

2. Let everyone pick songs they want to play. If someone doesn't like the song, who cares, they get to pick a song too. If you're in a cover band you'll have to play songs that you don't like at some point.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Your band hasn't practiced in months - they probably aren't coming back. Well at least you can start clean again.

But note these rules;

1. Set a practice time and day (only once or twice a week) and stay with it. Don't make up a new time every week.

2. Let everyone pick songs they want to play. If someone doesn't like the song, who cares, they get to pick a song too. If you're in a cover band you'll have to play songs that you don't like at some point.

my band is ****ed then lol
it seems that no one really cares about this band. Don't let lazy musicians drag you down...say goodbye!
Sounds like you need to find some more devoted musicians. By the way, your post would be a much easier read if it were broken into paragraphs.
thanks for the comments im going to talk to them tomorrow and ask if theyre really bothered and if not I'm on my own