I was looking for some people's advice on cooking burgers.

I've never really known how; I've always had someone do it for me. However, I became a vegetarian a few months ago. I've started eating some fake meats (Morningstar Farms FTMW!). However, I've noticed that the Boca burgers I've been eating sucked; I just assumed that the brand Boca was bad. But then, I had one that is the same brand at someone elses house (they were having a grill-out; his mom eats soy burgers because they're much lower in fat than normal burgers), and it was pretty good.
Although it was a different flavor than the ones I had, they were still the same brand, and seeing as there was an immense difference in the taste, I'm thinking that I've been cooking it wrong.

The way I've been cooking them is on a gridle; I haven't been using any seasoning or anything, because I think that when you buy them, they're already seasoned. Will the fact that I'm cooking it on a gridle make it taste worse? I'm thinking the difference was probably the way it was cooked. How should I cook it?
I cook mine on a girdle.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I think your problem is that you're eating fake meats, they're never gonna taste as good as the real thing.
I pride myself on my humility.
I work at a place that pretty much is a burger place. But it's like, good burgers, charbroiled.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
I buy Boca burgers in bulk, i eat so many of them. What you want to do is fry them. Get your frying pan, get some oil in there, heat it up, throw on the burger, then once it's cooked on the one side flip it over and cook the other. You can put cheese on once you flip it over if you want.

i mean yeah it's never going to taste as good as the real thing, but like that's why I'm not a full time vegetarian.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Little bit of garlic powder. Little salt. Little pepper. Beer. Voila. A meal fit for a vegetarian.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by humperdunk
I buy Boca burgers in bulk, i eat so many of them. What you want to do is fry them. Get your frying pan, get some oil in there, heat it up, throw on the burger, then once it's cooked on the one side flip it over and cook the other. You can put cheese on once you flip it over if you want.

i mean yeah it's never going to taste as good as the real thing, but like that's why I'm not a full time vegetarian.
Actually, I just bought a ton of Morningstar Farms stuff, because just about every vegetarian or vegan I've ever talked to recommends them. I haven't tried most of it yet, but the mini-corndogs I'm eating right now taste about as good as mini-corndogs can get. Tomorrow, I'm probably gonna try the riblets, and I'll have to let you know how those are.
I usually put some sort of meat sauce on it while I cook it. I looooove putting red wine while it's cooking, it's awesome. I maybe put some herbs or something in it. Like actual herbs. Not weed, you free-minded hipp lol.

I usually prefer cooking mine from ground beef patties i make myself.