I'm disturbed by the lack of a thread dedicated to movies in this Pit. I'm thinkin' we need one.

I searched and found nothing. If this is a forbidden topic for some reason, or there is another thread, mods go ahead and close. But please don't.

Anywho, let's talk movies:

Fight Club is my favorite movie of all time, with Shawshank Redemption a close second.
Quentin Tarantino is overrated.
Lord of the Rings has the best soundtrack ever.
Tropic Thunder isn't funny. Neither is The Hangover.
Will Ferrel, however, is.

Movie questions?
http://www.imdb.com/

K Pit, let's see what you guys spit up.
There are a couple movie threads a week, I'm not sure what you mean be lack of movie threads.

And IMO, movies are too big a topic to be contained within a single thread.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I saw Kelly's Heroes the other day. Great show. Hopfully this gets through before this gets closed. hahaha
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I watched Cidade de Deus (City of God) today. Overall a very good movie. It was slightly tough to follow because a lot of similar characters are thrown at you early in the movie and some are never developed enough for me to differentiate so easily. I plan on watching it a second time and I anticipate that I will enjoy it more.

I like the idea of having a mother-of-all movie threads. I'm sure there are a lot of fanatics like myself on UG; hopefully this thread takes a life of it's own like the gaming thread. Sounds good to have a place to reccomend and discuss movies.
alien and aliens are the best sci-fi/horror movies of all time. the alien is creatively designed and terrifying.

The Lord of the Rings are awesome movies.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I watched Cidade de Deus (City of God) today. Overall a very good movie. It was slightly tough to follow because a lot of similar characters are thrown at you early in the movie and some are never developed enough for me to differentiate so easily. I plan on watching it a second time and I anticipate that I will enjoy it more.

I like the idea of having a mother-of-all movie threads. I'm sure there are a lot of fanatics like myself on UG; hopefully this thread takes a life of it's own like the gaming thread. Sounds good to have a place to reccomend and discuss movies.

We already have an 'Only' film thread.

Oddly enough, the last time I remember it being bumped was by someone who wanted to talk about City of God.
hangover is hilarious, Tropic Thunder is alright some funny parts. Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie ever. Also anything with Joe Pesci, Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino is absolutely amazing

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Quote by JayT44
There are a couple movie threads a week, I'm not sure what you mean be lack of movie threads.

And IMO, movies are too big a topic to be contained within a single thread.

But many movies, unless whole franchises, are too small to warrant a thread. There's only so long we can discuss one movie scene by scene. 'Tis a predicament.

Quote by Albino Uprising
I'm disturbed by the lack of a thread dedicated to movies in this Pit. I'm thinkin' we need one.

I searched and found nothing. If this is a forbidden topic for some reason, or there is another thread, mods go ahead and close. But please don't.

Anywho, let's talk movies:

Fight Club is my favorite movie of all time, with Shawshank Redemption a close second.
Quentin Tarantino is overrated.
Lord of the Rings has the best soundtrack ever.
Tropic Thunder isn't funny. Neither is The Hangover.
Will Ferrel, however, is.

Movie questions?
http://www.imdb.com/

K Pit, let's see what you guys spit up.

Haven't seen Fight Club yet, Shawshank is good, shut the **** up Quentin's great, The Hangover was pretty good if you ask me, and Will Ferrel sucks ass

/thread
Last edited by cornmancer at May 30, 2010,
lol this thread just appeared directly above 'The ONLY Film Thread' for me.

I lol'd

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.