I know... I'm already making a Telecaster, but that will be done in the next week or so.
After that, what am I to do all summer? I don't have a job, well one that doesn't consume all my spare time. I dislike video-games. TV, well... is TV. And who plays guitar anymore anyways?

I have decided to build a Stratocaster. Without the pickguard. More of en Esquire really, but Strat shaped.
I got inspired to do this, when I found that my dad had got these 2 big boards of white oak off of a pallete, which was used on a medical bed.

Materials List:
White Oak Neck-Through
Maple Fretboard
Oak Veneer on headstock
Maple Top
Wings:Haven't decided(Most likely white oak)

Hardware:
Pretty much everything will be GFS.
This is pretty much a spare parts build. I will most likely be buying a cheap guitar, and then using some hardware from it.(I was thinking of this Peavey Axecellerator, got some funky pups in it)
TOM, or hardtail

Pickups:
Bridge: Old single coil from a Peavey Raptor
Mid: Humbucker(Haven't decided)
Neck: New Humbucker, remainder from a mod

Electronics:
Jaguar Pup selection setup(Individual switch per pup)
3 tones(1 for each pup)
1 volume
Possible Killswitch
Humbuckers will be Coil Tapped. Parralel/Full/Single(3P3T switch)

Finish: Still debating. Will be a burst of some kind, it all depends on the top that I get.

Pics:

Some sexy wood.

Comments/opinions on anything would be appreciated.
..I was watching my death.
Damn, just realized it will not be a neck-through...
My oak is only 1-3/8" thick. Body needs to be 1-1/4"
Will most likely be a bolt-on now.

It will all be made of White oak. Gonna have 2 oak guitars now!
Oh, and top will most likely be maple, or whateve is available at the time. If I can't get anything pretty, it will be a solid finish.
Body will be a 4-piece.
I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying.
You mean plane the body,so it is the same as the neck?
throw a cap on it, so you can do a neck-thru? IDK, I don't build guitars, just like daydreaming about it is all! Back to playing guitar, can't wait till Im in the "would rather build then play" stage.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
throw a cap on it, so you can do a neck-thru? IDK, I don't build guitars, just like daydreaming about it is all! Back to playing guitar, can't wait till Im in the "would rather build then play" stage.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.
IT is having a top, just the problem is, neck will be flat against the body without the wood being thicker.

There is a solution, but it's at the loss of structural integrity and sustain. Also means I'll have to do a solid finish.(I have to have a top regardless of the finish Because the wood only makes up 1-1/8" of the size, so I need it to be 1-3/4". Big top, I know.)
The body is probably gonna be cut today, then I'm gonna glue my 4 pieces together. Then, tomorrow, it's time to cut the body. Then on friday, I will get the route template made(Anyone know how jig-saws do on plastic?)
Saturday, well I possibly have a date then, so we'll see how that works out. Then on sunday, little work will be done. Probably starting the neck this weekend. Getting everything rough cut. Next weekend possible going to grandpas house to use his band-saw on the neck, then see if he has a spoke-shave.

This build should move fairly quickly I reckon. Unlike my other one. Stupid teacher making me use CNC...