alright it seems a guitar that fits my specs doesnt exist. (although if you could find one for me it would be much appreciated)

is it cheaper to have jacson customshop or esp custom shop build you a guitar or would it be cheaper to just go to a local luthier?

all i want is
-24 frets
-no emgs
-thin neck
-no reversed headstock
-double locking trem

a guitar to those specs literally doesnt exist for 500-700 dollars which is why im thinking about having one custom built for me.
Don't know if a luthier will hand-make you a custom guitar for the price range, either.
What will it cost to have one custom built to those specs? Take that info and compare it to guitars already on the market. If you can't find anything already available, then have it built.
A custom one is going to be more than 500-700 so if you find one with EMG's and switch it out it will end up being cheaper than a custom shop
what shape?
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
ummm..... ibanez? also, the ESP/Jackson custom shops are like 3-4k min.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
majority of ibanezes and Jacksons in that range have that, id reccamend the schecter i just got too, i got it for 425 but that model is discontinued, and schecters have somewhat thick necks (thinner than gibson tho, and some fenders)
Eh.
i was looking at ibanez guitars but why are the RGs so cheap? i cant find more than 2 for 500. i cant really see myself playing an ibanez S for the music i play and the bridges on RGAs suck.

almost every jackson in my pricerange is a jackson dinky and i will not own a guitar called a dinky. the only jackson that i see is an RR3 but it has 22 frets but i can settle.

i already have a schecter.

any other suggestions?
Quote by thrashaholic666
i was looking at ibanez guitars but why are the RGs so cheap? i cant find more than 2 for 500. i cant really see myself playing an ibanez S for the music i play and the bridges on RGAs suck.

almost every jackson in my pricerange is a jackson dinky and i will not own a guitar called a dinky. the only jackson that i see is an RR3 but it has 22 frets but i can settle.

any other suggestions?

is it me or every day you have a new thread with new specs, and competely diffrent views on guitars daily?

and who cares about its name, If you playing Live no ones gonna question what kind of jackson it is.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
is it me or every day you have a new thread with new specs, and competely diffrent views on guitars daily?

and who cares about its name, If you playing Live no ones gonna question what kind of jackson it is.

and plus i dont like the C shaped neck. it reminds me to much of a fender
Dude, you'll never be happy with the guitar you want. The only thing I can think of that you will like is a Jackson SL2H Soloist which is way out of your price range.
Yeah
save more money? A luthier won't make you a guitar for less then 2k. A custom shop won't make you a guitar for under 4.

Why don't you just get a PRS SE Torero and swap the pickups to passives or get a PRS SE Custom 24 and just use a non locking trem?

A person with a big list of requirements and not a lot of money is a person with not much of anything at all.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by TehDutchDude
Dude, you'll never be happy with the guitar you want. The only thing I can think of that you will like is a Jackson SL2H Soloist which is way out of your price range.

you listen to metallica, im not going to listen to what you say.
Quote by thrashaholic666

What?! Did you even READ my post? The Soloist is a guitar that meets your very own specs, but because I listen metallica you are not willing to check it out? **** dude, why not just go and play a different instrument then? There's nothing that'll please you. Sheesh.
Yeah
Quote by thrashaholic666

any other suggestions?

Are you really that picky? Holy ****, who cares. With this kind of attitude you'll never get a "good" (In your opinion) guitar with $600. My best guess is that you'll most likely end up with an Ibanez or Jackson of some sort, possibly Carvin once you actually start to actually look at them and try them out.

Quote by thrashaholic666

My God, I hope you're just a troll.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
bahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahah you listen to metallica so your stupid hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahha is this guy for real?
Quote by innertom
bahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahah you listen to metallica so your stupid hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahha is this guy for real?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing he comes from the pit.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by thrashaholic666

For $700, you can get a custom, one-off baby rattle for your infantile ass.
Strats & SGs
Axe-FX Ultra
JMP-1
Peavey Classic 50/50
4x12 V30s & 30Hs
Quote by thrashaholic666
they dont sell those at guitarcenter.

That means they're no good, obviously...
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
This guy is a moron. Instead of regarding people's answers he'll just delete his thread once he realizes he looks like a complete retard.

Then he'll make YET ANOTHER poll on a bunch of guitars that are so different from each other and then delete it again.

I was going to cut him some slack in the beginning until that thread with the retarded long list of his 'issues' with every guitar on the face of the planet.

Some of my faves from that list:
- "Great guitar but I don't like Jackson headstocks"
- "It's exactly what I want but I don't want to own a guitar named 'Dinky'"

There were more but he deleted that thread. Boy that was hilarious.

I say until this guy lets reality slap him in the face we should stop trying to "help" him because his troll-level is just too high for us.

That said posting in his ridiculous threads to "lol" is acceptable.
Quote by thrashaholic666

any other suggestions?

your out of your damn mind. My jackson DKMGT DINKY plays ****ing fantastic, looks teh sechs, and has an awesome neck.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by thrashaholic666
getting a chick and getting laid is something i NEED to do though, i cant stand feeling like the only virgin, and im so ashamed of it.

if i do somehow get a chick how can i speed up a relationship so i can cut to the chase?

well, i guess you could talk to her, and .... oh shoot sorry, i accidentally quoted you from another thread.

ok, umm EG question.
i guess i suggest you try a few of the guitars suggested, and if you're asking about custom shop, that you look OUTSIDE of guitar center.

just a suggestion...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by evhbrianmay
carvin

+1, the ST or the DC's on this page will be far better than any production model at this price point
http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/neckthrough.php

Quote by JDizzle787
Any reason they call it a dinky though? It's a weird name to be honest...

The body size is 7/8 that of a strat or similar guitar
Last edited by rokket2005 at May 30, 2010,
The Briges on the RGA's are the same as the NON- Prestige RG's

and LOL, the S cant play the type of music you play????
have you even tried one?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by IbanezRGS

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing he comes from the pit.

He's not from the Pit, they would have banned him by now.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
He's not from the Pit, they would have banned him by now.

Possibly, but look at how long it took them to get rid of riffofthebeast.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by jj1565
well, i guess you could talk to her, and .... oh shoot sorry, i accidentally quoted you from another thread.

ok, umm EG question.
i guess i suggest you try a few of the guitars suggested, and if you're asking about custom shop, that you look OUTSIDE of guitar center.

just a suggestion...

jj1565...

will you marry me ?

edit: :O you're a girl, marry me twice!!!!!!!!