So my graduation is coming up, and because my band has started to play a lot more shows, Ive decided I need a half stack. Because of the occasion my dad has offered to buy the head for my half stack if I buy the cab.

We play metal, basically. And because this is my first stack experience I would like to know some good brands.

I was looking at mesa heads but any other suggestions would be awesome. my budget for cabs is about $1000 give or take a bit.

Any suggestions?
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
Just a suggestion, but I don't know if this is what you're looking for. But you could maybe just get an external cab for your Bugera? It would have plenty of power and still sound good. Unless you want a new sound altogether.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
with money like that i'd get a custom Avatar or an orange cab.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Check out Mills Acoustics. They are expensive, but very good.

http://millsacoustics.com/models.html
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I would say the best heads to look at for you would be

Mesa Triple, Double, or Single Rectifier
Peavey 5150 or 6505, Valveking
Marshall JVM, JCM, MA, etc.
Bugera 1990
Orange Tiny Terror maybe
Quote by Capataincrunch
Not a bad idea. I might consider that. Thanks.

No problem hope you find what you're looking for!
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Like said before, Use your 333xl and hook it up to another 2x12 or 4x12 extension the 333xl are killer sounding amps. But if you want a new sound, I would suggest a Mesa double rec. or tripple. with a marshall 1960 4x12cab.
My personal favorite heads are Peavey 6505s and the JCM800 (900's alright too).
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by The_Mariner
with money like that i'd get a custom Avatar or an orange cab.

+10

i love my avatar, i got a custom 4X12 with 2 G12h30's and 2 Vintage 30's
you can't go wrong with that, the only issue might be that the capacity for the cab is only 120 watts due to the G12h30's but with that combo you get nearly perfect transmission of all frequencies and they sound sweet due to their own qualities

for custom tolex, cover and speakers mine only cost about 550 USD or so, and to up the wattage of the amp more if need be, you can get G100k's which are the kerry king speakers, they are similar to the G12h30's but with that the cab's wattage would be 240 watts

as far as heads, it just depends on what sounds you're going for, for example, if you want a more american sounding, less bright and "raunchy" sounding amp, mesa or peavey would do nicely, however, if you want that "raunchy" sound, a marshall would do good, just keep in mind, some amps cost more than others, and some cost much more almost without reason, for example, imo, orange amps are overpriced, while they are made well they just dont do enough to warrant the price as far as i'm concerned, but that's just what i think
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I'd get a mesa cab....you should definitely be able to find a used one for $1000 and still have a nice chunk of change left.
you don't need to pay $1k for a mesa cab, you could easily get one for $650-800 on craigslist
+1 to mesa cab idea.

choosing between a Rectifier cab and Stiletto cab is the issue. for me it would depend on what amp you're getting but in general you can't go wrong with the stiletto.
Quote by handbanana
you don't need to pay $1k for a mesa cab, you could easily get one for $650-800 on craigslist

hence the 'chunk of change' part of my statement. I got my diamond plate mesa 412 cab for $400 USD. Best cab I've ever owned.
a cab is a must, i love mesa oversized they add alot of bottom end, the orange is actually a tad better because it has the low end but retains some midrange as well, also look at hughes and kettners higher end cabs, those are my top 3, i used a mesa oversized now because honestly with school i just cant afford to upgrade and with my new orange head it does sound amazing
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Orange PPC412 or a Mesa Recto cab. Those are my personal faves and kick arse for metal.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212