Poll: Your future occupation...
Poll Options
View poll results: Your future occupation...
I know exactly what I want to do and how to do it
79 34%
I don't know what I want to do, I'm going to see what happens
111 48%
I know what I want to do, but I don't think I can do it
43 18%
Voters: 233.
Page 1 of 2
Its a thought that comes up in my mind more and more nowadays...'the future'.

I have hopes and dreams but no idea if I want them or how to achieve them.

Are you sure about what you want to do in your lift? Or are you going to let things evolve...
Hell naw.

Just take it as it comes.

EDIT: Well not completely. I'm gonna finish college. After that, who knows?
I'm eating chicken, potato salad and beans.
Fuck ya. I know what I'm doing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

This thread isn't for you jackal..

I'm kidding... it's never too late!
I've got a good general idea. For now I'm concentrating more on the little things, such as getting an education, getting an apartment and such.
Quote by sashki
I'm gonna finish university, hopefully not fail and get a degree.
After that, I have no idea.

I can't imagine myself as an "adult", hence I don't have any clear plans for the future.

They give degrees in failure? I want one dammit.
BP exec - "What are your qualifications?"
Me - "I have a doctorate in failure."
BP exec - "Hired"
Sorry. I'll leave now.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm going to finish university, and then I'm either heading to law school with a very good friend of mine and hopefully starting up a real estate law firm

or

I'm going to finish university, and then go to the veterinary college at University of Guelph to be a veterinarian.

Life is looking good... as long as I don't get hooked on PCP.
I wish I loved accounting, It's probably quite straight forward to get into accounting.
Quote by Jackal58
They give degrees in failure? I want one dammit.
BP exec - "What are your qualifications?"
Me - "I have a doctorate in failure."
BP exec - "Hired"
Sorry. I'll leave now.

I meant not fail my course and subsequently get a degree. Pretty much the exact opposite of what you interpreted my post as.

Serious.
Quote by sashki
I meant not fail my course and subsequently get a degree. Pretty much the exact opposite of what you interpreted my post as.

Serious.

I knew what you meant. The syntax was just amusing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

Living the dream...

I have no idea what I'm doing in life. Most people who are my age and in a similar predicament join the army.

Though if it turns out the army's populated with other failed pseudo-intellectuals I might sign up to make some new friends.
I'm going to Japan for a year. It's been my dream for a good few years now.
Ticket is booked, apartment found.
It's only a mini-dream though. But I haven't got plans after the trip.
I might go to Australia to find a job related to my degree in Computer Science.
Maybe I'll travel Asia on a shoe string.
Maybe back to UK and work again.
Many choices!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Jackal58
I knew what you meant. The penis was just amusing.

lololololoololol.

I don't know why I did this.

Bot srsly.... This thread is not for you jackal....
I want to do well in my A levels, do physics at a good university and get a job doing something physics related. Not really sure what, though. Money isn't really a huge issue, but I want to make enough to be comfortable, and I want to have enough free time to spend on music and videogames.

Not exactly a concrete plan, but I'd rather just see where life takes me anyway. As long as it's not the dole office.
Living is really the only thing I've settled on.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Finish my bullshit degree, go to a college for sound engineering and recording, work at a recording studio.
I want to play music. I want to do it full time. I know I have the talent, and I know I'm willing to put in the crazy amount of work and make all the sacrifices. I have a lot of really good connections. Really the only reason I wouldn't be able to "make it" would be through my own laziness. And by "making it" I mean playing shows, having a fan base, and it being a full time career.
We're only strays.
I'll be going to school to be an auto mechanic starting in the fall, but I'm going to continue to pursue a career in music as much as I can.
I plan on going into psychology or psychiatry, but I'm not really sure I can due to the costs of good university, and it would be even more, since I'm assuming you need more than four years to get a career in something like that. So it probably isn't happening.
I'm studying astrophysics

This basically means in a few years I'll be doing the same job I do at the moment (working in a supermarket).
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Well, my main goal is to make sure hoverboards get invented and mass-produced in the next 5 years. Otherwise my faith in sci-fi will be completely destroyed.

After that, I'd like to do something in AI, but I'm pretty sure I'm too much of a failure when it comes to maths. So, I'll just sit back and let my life unfold in front of me.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I'm heading off to be a Weapons System Operator at RAF. Then I'm going to leave after 5-10 years, putting their 10s of thousands of £ in investment in me (training and whatnot) to waste. Har!

Hopefully come out of it with money to buy a lease on a club in Cardiff.
I'm already a pretty well established actor, so I'm pretty much set for that. Just gotta keep doing more gigs and work my way up to the #1 spot. So I'm glad.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
I've got a general idea of what I would like to do and a definite idea of what I do not want to do, which is anything with math, science, or business. I just love learning and would love a job that allows me to continue to do that, so honestely I'd like to take as many literature/history/humanities/psychology (I know its a 'technically' a science) classes as possible and maybe get a PhD and become a professor. I also love foreign languages and might pursue something with that, however; I would not want it to be in a business setting.

I already work for a capitalist powerhouse and something about exploiting massive amounts of customers and co-workers just doesn't seem appealing to me.
I can't see myself being put off being a doctor, my parents are both doctors, and is doesn't seem to bad, nice salary, and I'm doing easily well enough at school in the right subjects to get hopefully A*'s in Science GCSE's, take one of the Science A-Level Courses, Uni and training and stuff, progress up ranks, buy a house, have some sprogs, retire and live happily ever after, with a Husky called Oscar. Mapped out from age 14 This is the ideal scenario btw.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I have a general idea, like getting into a federal law enforcement agency and then running for public office in the somewhat distant future. I also know that things can change, which I am open to.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Astrophysicist.. If that fails, I'll end up in finance (and be incredibly unhappy), but I'm keeping the dream of a rockstar forever.. just in case
I have 3 Graduate School ideas (Law, Teaching or a Masters of Public policy) and with that i'd either like to be a teacher, lawyer, lobbyist or (who knows) Musician. After that i would like to eventually become a Member of Parliament of a Senator. no matter what i do i would like to work in constitutional affairs and issues of federalism and try and get some of my papers on it published.

I left my options open but i know it will be 1 of those 4 things
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at May 31, 2010,
I'm just making shit up as I go along.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I don't know, it's hard to see my future, I am pretty lazy and if I had a dream I would probably think about every aspect it takes to get there and just get demotivated.

Pretty just want to smoke weed and see what I come up with.
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
Well i'm finishing my degree in Music Technical Production at the end of this year....I have work at a legit studio being the padawon (spelling) to the master and learn his ways!

Hopefully be producing full time with all of that happening...just need some luck and some magic beans o.O
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
Page 1 of 2