Well i was very tempted to buy my hero's signature guitar but my favorite that he ever played was '74 hardtail Strat.
I just got a '76 Strat body on Ebay for $228.
Gonna get it repainted midnight blue and throw some red/silver/blue lace sensors in it.
I think i'm also gonna put a push-pull coil tap on it.

Here's what it's gonna look like.

I'll be posting more in this thread as it progresses.
Can I ask what a coil tap would do?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Can I ask what a coil tap would do?

I've heard it gives the red sensor a really warm single coil-ish tone.
Aww this looks like its going to be awesome. I would love to have a strat like that can't wait to see the final outcome. I think it would look pretty awesome if the paint was stained, like stained blue. That'd be sexy as hell .
Quote by corgan33
I've heard it gives the red sensor a really warm single coil-ish tone.

Isn't there only one coil in those sensors? So it seems to me that a coil tap would do nothing when there is only a single coil to begin with.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Isn't there only one coil in those sensors? So it seems to me that a coil tap would do nothing when there is only a single coil to begin with.

Bah you're right. Just looked at my sensors. Thought it was possible to wire them for coil taps.
TS, Shashing's suggestion may have been what you were referring to? For the different sound at least. And sorry for the delay..
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
A coil tap is when you split a single coil in half, IIRC.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by AntiG3
A coil tap is when you split a single coil in half, IIRC.

Yeah, kinda. Coil tap is when there are certain points made available on it, to be able to use only parts of the entire coil. It's like those universal devices that you can use in the USA and Europe too. There's a switch that enables you to tap the input coil, so you can use it with 110 and 230 Volts too.
Schecter made single coils for their strat copies in the 70s/80s where you could choose two output levels with the coil tap switches, because the coil (10000 winds) was tapped at around 2/3 way (6000 winds). So you had a hot strat, a vintage strat and an OFF option for each pickups. They were of course not hum cancelling, so you had to live with it.

Just ordered this for it. Already have the Lace Sensors in another guitar. Gonna pull them out today.
Kisekae of the finished product. Gotta get some stuff sold on Ebay so i can order a vintage neck.
Quote by Tinderwet
No string trees?

Actually, i think i'm going with standard usa string trees.
Last edited by corgan33 at Jun 1, 2010,
Ahh, I thought you go locking tuners and shaved down headstock, like on Eric Johnson strats.
The body came in the mail. Waiting on: Bridge,pickguard,and screws.
Have the Lace Sensors sitting beside me also. Gotta find a nice plain midnight blue paint.
wow man that's looking sexy. can't wait to see the finished product.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
How did this not get closed yet?
This belongs in GB&C TS.
*reported*
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
How did this not get closed yet?
This belongs in GB&C TS.
*reported*

Eh i didn't even see that forum.
Dun be a peckerhead :P
Where did you get the bridge from?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Where did you get the bridge from?

I got almost everything on Ebay so far.

Found a clearer shot of Corgan's.