hey post some good 1 12 or 2 12 tube amps that are form 600-800 american dollars.

I want to get something like that all I need is a good warm clean and light break distortion and/or medium distortion and/or heavy modern marshall.

thanks

ps video clips are a plus
Quote by salgala2000

Way to narrow it down.

I would try to find either a used Peavey JSX or a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo.

JSX clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vqAimbqlrw

JCM 2000 clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6MZp03svY
Last edited by phlip999 at May 30, 2010,
Quote by adam L(guitar)
hey post some good 1 12 or 2 12 tube amps that are form 600-800 american dollars.

I want to get something like that all I need is a good warm clean and light break distortion and/or medium distortion and/or heavy modern marshall.

thanks

ps video clips are a plus

guys, it's obvious that he needs a tube amp that does everything. Come on good warm clean and light break distortion and medium distortion and heavy modern marshall.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
guys, it's obvious that he needs a tube amp that does everything. Come on good warm clean and light break distortion and medium distortion and heavy modern marshall.

For six hundredth americain dolares

I mean, come on, AM has spent probably 20k in amps and doesn't have all his bases covered
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
traynor ycv?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You might pick up a Laney VC30 for that too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
maybe a peavey classic 30 and a good od pedal. does good cleans and light/medium gain. throw in a boost/od and it can get some metal tones.
ok to clear this up I want a 2 channel amp with a warm clean and ether light break up or a medium distortion. I can get the other tones with a pedal. All i am wanting is a nice light little tube amp. Also please don't waste post with stupid comments thanks you
Quote by AcousticMirror
Sounds like a Super Champ XD.
hold on could I gig with a super champ? Is it loud enough to get over big band with no mic? This is the only place I would be playing with no mic.
Used JSX I'd say.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
blackstar ht-40
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Bugera 333/xl
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
ok I like the sound of these amps but I would like to keep it around 400-600 do to the finical stay i am in.
something I like feed back on are
peavey vypry tube 60
peavey classic 30
blackstar ht 20(I think)
also could I use a 15 watt with out a mic in a trio with guitar drums bass. Also I play in big band of 3-5 trumpets 3-6 saxs 3-5 trombones bass drumer and paino besides me

thanks
edit your post, dont post 3 times in a row.

ok, as for those amps, i would first take out the vyper. good amp for getting a wide variety of tones, but with your budget you can do a lot better IMO.
i would also take off the valveking. not a huge fan of them personally. if you are willing to invest the extra cash to get some upgrades such as a new speaker and new tubes pretty much right away, we can throw it back on the table. still not my cup of tea, but once you start doing the upgrades it is supposed to improve a good deal.
classic 30, well there is a reason i suggested it. it is a little dull at times, but it is a great amp to get you into the world of tube amps. the tones are solid, they just dont have some of the specialness that other amps have. solid cleans, solid crunch, spring reverb, footswitchable channel selection and easy to get a good deal on used.
if the ht-20 is anything like the ht-5, it is again a solid amp but doesnt wow me. now ive only played the ht-5, but my first impression was that it was fantastic. after that, the wow factor of having some cool features kinda wore off, and i found it to be a bit lifeless. cool stuff and fairly versitile, but didnt wow me tone wise. maybe the ht-20 is better, but thats my impression of the series.
hot rod deluxe, i thought the cleans were great. overdrive, not so much. solid base sound if you want to get most of your gain from pedals, especially if you want cleans and fuzz. most of the time you want an amp with a solid drive, this wouldnt be my choice for that.

not sure exactly how much it is, but the jca50 might be another option. i myself have the 20 watt version. great for a single channel amp, but sounds like you want 2 channels. the 50 has that, and a couple extra features. i think it might only come as a head, so you would nead a cab.

Fake EDIT: looks like the jca50 head is around $600. you could probably score a used cab for $200, which makes this a viable option.
hey would the 20 watt jca be loud enough to do the jazz big band thing cause I could get all the tone I use from pedal. Also I was looking at the bugera v55

also listen to the classic 30 is it true that the clean channel is only clean on lower volume(as in the more you turn it up the more it breaks up)

what about the fender deluxe vm just wondering cause it has all the effects I use like delay chorus and reverb

thanks your post is really helpful
Last edited by adam L(guitar) at Jun 1, 2010,
^ jca20 can get loud, but it will not stay clean. jazz with that thing is not an option at all.

classic 30 is like any other tube amp, the more you turn it up the more it will break up. havent played mine in quite some time, but i remember it did stay clean for a good ammount of volume. once you hit a certain point it isnt clean clean, but i think it had to be getting up pretty loud to be at that point.
Try getting hold of an AC15? They have a clean channel which stays clean even at higher volumes, and then a Top Boost channel which breaks up nicely. Not to mention they are beautiful amps:

Combo ($600)
http://proguitarshop.com/store/amplifiers-vox-amplifiers-c-39/vox-ac15-custom-ac15c1-p-1641

Handwired Head ($800, but I'm sure you'll find it cheaper used or not handwired):
http://proguitarshop.com/store/amplifiers-vox-amplifiers-c-39/vox-ac15-handwired-head-ac15htvh-p-572
thanks guys yeah I have been play amps at my local store to day. I notice one that I think a 15 watt tube amp will be loud enough. also I played a fender blues jr but it was crazy cause it sound good but at louder volumes it sounded like the reverb plate was vibrating. Does anyone know if they all do that also am i right in thing that 15 watts is loud enough

hey the ac15 sound good by the way I just don't like the lack of controll
Last edited by adam L(guitar) at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
the jca50 will do jazz and brootz though it has 2 channels

ok thanks do you know anything about the fender blues jr and the vox night train
Quote by AcousticMirror
the jca50 will do jazz and brootz though it has 2 channels

If by br00tz you mean bluesy pentatonics, then yes, it will do br00tz.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by adam L(guitar)
ok thanks do you know anything about the fender blues jr and the vox night train

neither have as much gain as the jca50h
the blues jr. is something different entirely. The flubbing you're hearing is mainly the result of 1. the small box which isn't something that'll be able to change except with an extension cab and 2. the stock speaker which isn't very good.

The night train is alright. Kinda pricey for what it is. not a lot of headroom. Good cleans. The boost takes the tone stack out of the circuit so it's kinda a one trick pony.
thanks am

ok so there out what about a fender hot rod deluxe, or a deluxe vm or egnater tweaker. also I can deal with one channel but two don't bother me I would like something little that I don't don't have to push hard. thanks
I think out of those options the tweaker is the best. gregs has a bunch of clips up in his profile. It seemed to be nice sounding when I tried it.

The hot rod deluxe is alright if you get a good one. Their inconsistent and the made in mexico ones have a bunch of problems, the least of which is a volume knob that makes no sense. It sounds alright though. I had one for about a week. The 2nd distortion drive is kinda usable.

I wouldn't pay new price for one though.

I think in your price range a jet city 50 would be worth the wait. Not out yet but I think 599 or 699 when they are released

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/amplifiers/jca50h/

other then that the tweaker is really nice. I'm recording some clips of an amp I'm going to review here in just a bit. You might be interested in that too.
thanks question for you how cheap could I get a nice 1 12 cab I don't want junk but I don't want to pay an arm and leg for it either

thanks
looks like the jca50H is going to be $599, or at least is here:
http://www.sabaturproaudio.com/Jet-City-Amps-JCA50H-50-Watt-All-Tube-Head_p_3752.html

as for a 1x12, there is always stuff like the valve junior cab or blackheart cab for around $150. maybe not the greatest cabs ever, but i wouldnt call them junk. heck, the jet city 1x12 is $200, so that might even be an option as well. thought it sounded damn nice when paired with the jca20h in the store. there are actually a decent ammount of cabs in the $150-200 range that are meant for those 5-15W amps. looks like most have speakers rated for 60-75W, so would work with a 50W amp