Has anyone ever taken a few scales and created their own scale before?
I'm feeling as if im the only one doing so.
yea with how long people have been playing music im sure that almost everything has already been done.

but yea marty friedman only uses scales he makes when he writes.
Quote by The Pickle Man
I don't really know if it's possible to invent new musical theory at this point.

I can agree, scales have many different positions
Well you can invent new music theory, but pretty much everything that sounds good has already been done. Anyways, the point of a scale is to get you to know your guitar, so you can improv and not hit all kinds of nasty notes. So I'd spend more time actually playing my guitar and less time making up scales.
Quote by kcorkcar
I can agree, scales have many different positions

Sex
Quote by The Pickle Man
I don't really know if it's possible to invent new musical theory at this point.

it certainly is possible - but not scales. there's no such thing as a new scale. any scale that anyone has made, someone else has thought of at some point in time.

but even if you did make a completely new scale, that's a useless contribution until you find a way to put it to innovative use.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Well you can invent new music theory, but pretty much everything that sounds good has already been done. Anyways, the point of a scale is to get you to know your guitar, so you can improv and not hit all kinds of nasty notes. So I'd spend more time actually playing my guitar and less time making up scales.

I proposed this question because when i am playing my guitar, i play in a certain area range of notes and i looked at a heck of alot of scales and found out that im normally a note or two off from being inside of the scale.