So, I just realized today that apparently I could've replaced my pos lg chocolate a few months ago, so I'm going tomorrow to get a new phone. Any suggestions on what I should get? I'm looking for a smart phone. I'm on verizon wireless. I was looking at the new HTC Droid Incredible. It looks amazing. But it's apparently on back order and I wouldn't be able to get it till mid-June. And can anyone explain to me how the verizon upgrade thing works, the one where you can get a new phone for free/at a largely discounted price after you've had it for almost two years? Like I doubt I'd be able to get the Droid incredible for free, but how much would it take off?
I got a HTC Hero (Android) for one-hundred and fifty dollars. Love the phone dearly, and just upgraded its OS to Android 2.1. I'd like to get the new EVO when it comes out, the 4g, but I just bought this one so I can wait
If you can afford a Droid, then go for it. Definitely.

If you're not a smartphone type, Samsungs are amazingly high-quality phones.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Daffodil Lament
I got a HTC Hero (Android) for one-hundred and fifty dollars. Love the phone dearly, and just upgraded its OS to Android 2.1. I'd like to get the new EVO when it comes out, the 4g, but I just bought this one so I can wait

Is that the full retail price or did you get it discounted a bit for renewing a contract or something?
if youve had a contract for 2 years, youre eligible for an upgrade. which is just their way of getting you a discount now, so you keep paying them for two years.
its a $100 credit toward any new phone. but the price you see is usually the 2 year contract price anyway.
ive got a Droid Eris. its ****ing amazing. id go with any HTC android you can get. but unfortunately i think thats only the Eris and the Incredible for verizon. i say go with the Eris. youll be able to get it for $30 with the 2 year contract, and it comes with the Android 2.1. but the data plan is gonna run you $30 more a month.
im a Droid nut if you cant tell. theyre so ****ing good.
Last edited by GoodnightHero at May 31, 2010,
Quote by Adisturbedone
So, I just realized today that apparently I could've replaced my pos lg chocolate a few months ago, so I'm going tomorrow to get a new phone. Any suggestions on what I should get? I'm looking for a smart phone. I'm on verizon wireless. I was looking at the new HTC Droid Incredible. It looks amazing. But it's apparently on back order and I wouldn't be able to get it till mid-June. And can anyone explain to me how the verizon upgrade thing works, the one where you can get a new phone for free/at a largely discounted price after you've had it for almost two years? Like I doubt I'd be able to get the Droid incredible for free, but how much would it take off?

If you like the Incredible, I'd get it. I ordered mine, it'll be shipping on Thursday .
Quote by FallsDownStairs
If you like the Incredible, I'd get it. I ordered mine, it'll be shipping on Thursday .

How much was it?
Quote by JayT44
If you can afford a Droid, then go for it. Definitely.

If you're not a smartphone type, Samsungs are amazingly high-quality phones.

Every Samsung I have ever had has screwed up on me. I have had an absolutely horrific experience with Samsung. I'm never getting a phone made by them again. Problem is I'm stuck with this Impression until next summer. After that I'm done forever.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I have a Motorola Droid, I like it, and I love how badly it owns my two roommates' iPhones. I'm thinking about changing to an Incredible but I really don't like the Sense UI. I prefer the more simplified, stripped down UI of the Droid and Nexus One (which was the one that I really wanted to see on Verizon). I still might switch because I don't ever use the physical keyboard and it future-proofs the phone a little more. Some people swear by the Droid though because they're obsessed with physical keyboards. Personally, I think the keyboard on the Droid sucks anyway so I don't get the obsession.

But basically, I check my email (and respond to emails and text without ever having to type a thing), pay my bills, keep up with my bank accounts and credit cards, listen to music, surf the web, read the news, keep my stock ticker and sync my calendar all to my phone. If I ever lost or broke it, I honestly don't know what I would do. At the same time, I'll be in bed, at 3 am still up on that thing checking my email, and every time it beeps, I check it. Honestly, its kind of a bad habit. Its a sick phone though... I'm not even sure its fair to call these things phones anymore, its amazing what they can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFb4pqAUd8

Get a smartphone at your own discretion. The data plan is expensive, my total bill is >$100 a month (and that will be the case with any smartphone if you have your own plan). But if you want a smartphone and are actually going to use the functionality of it, get a smartphone, a normal one just isn't going to do it for you, especially compared to higher end smartphones like the Droids. Also, Android is cool, but its kind of buggy, there are some crashes and glitches that happen, its annoying. But its a work in progress, really functional and in 2 years (maybe less), Android and iPhone will basically be shitting on everyone else.

As for the Verizon thing...

Basically a contract lasts 2 years minimum. After 2 years you can renew your contract and get the subsidized price on the phone. So the Droid Incredible would be $200 with a new 2 year contract as opposed to the $600 (or whatever it is) for a new phone. The Droid through Verizon is also $200 w/ 2 year contract, but if you go somewhere like Best Buy or something, you can get it for $100 w/ 2 year contract (which is what I did).
Last edited by al112987 at Jun 2, 2010,
Get a ma-****in droid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Id like to add that Android support for Google Voice is just the coolest thing ever.
My wife recently upgraded her Blackberry Bold to a Sony-Erricson Experia X10. Android 2.1 and all the bells and whistles. To call this a phone is like Dave Gilmour letting you use his stage rig for home practice. She got a massive discount from O2 so I think it cost 100 euro net for the upgrade.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x