Poll: Suicide?
Poll Options
View poll results: Suicide?
I have attempted suicide more than once.
12 6%
I have attempted suicide once.
12 6%
I have thought about it, and considered it.
51 27%
I have thought about it, but didn't consider it.
63 33%
I have never had suicidal thoughts.
17 9%
I have successfully committed suicide.
35 18%
Voters: 190.
Page 1 of 3
Obviously, The Pit is a breeding ground for dysfunction. A lot of lonely souls spend alot of their time here (myself included). A lot of us have come from troubled pasts and are still struggling through our lives today.

My question for you is -- Have you ever contemplated/attempted suicide?

Personally, I've thought about it, but I've never really considered it a valid option. I just can't bring myself to even considering it, but it is a regular thought process. Whenever I think about it, I always think of when I'm older and hopefully having a child to give affection to and to give a better life to than I had. Having a child is of my biggest goals/motives in life, and I can't wait for that to happen. Well what keeps you guys going and keeping a positive outlook?

I know a few of you pitmonkeys aren't very nice to yourselves and self-harm and some have attempted suicide, that just seems like the wrong way to go IMO.

Discuss.

Poll coming...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Obviously, The Pit is a breeding ground for dysfunction. A lot of lonely souls spend alot of their time here (myself included). A lot of us have come from troubled pasts and are still struggling through our lives today.

My question for you is -- Have you ever contemplated/attempted suicide?

Personally, I've thought about it, but I've never really considered it a valid option. I just can't bring myself to even considering it, but it is a regular thought process. Whenever I think about it, I always think of when I'm older and hopefully having a child to give affection to and to give a better life to than I had. Having a child is of my biggest goals/motives in life, and I can't wait for that to happen. Well what keeps you guys going and keeping a positive outlook?

I know a few of you pitmonkeys aren't very nice to yourselves and self-harm and some have attempted suicide, that just seems like the wrong way to go IMO.

Discuss.

Poll coming...

Sure. Who hasn't?

What I'm more concerned with is your want of a child. Seems like you're looking to project.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Thought about it, when I was younger I attempted it a few times, and that's all I'm going to say.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by TunerAddict
What I'm more concerned with is your want of a child. Seems like you're looking to project.

I just look forward to having my own family someday.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
pretty much describes me when i was 15
attempted and what not and came a bit close

but after looking at the big picture i said, why cut myself short when there is so much i can do, you know? and then I got a guitar and suicide has not been in my agenda for years
i accedently picked the joke option take one off of succesfully commited suicide and add one to never contemplated
a family friend once told me "suicide is a long term solution for a short term problem"

it makes a lot of sense. therefor i've never even considered it since hearing this
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
(RING, RING)

(Hello? Aw shit, nigga. What the **** time is it, man?
Oh god damn. Nigga do you know what time it is?
Aw shit, what the ****`s goin` on? You alright?
Aw, nigga what the **** is wrong wit you?)

When I die, **** it I wanna go to hell
Cause I`m a piece of shit, it ain`t hard to ****in` tell
It don`t make sense, goin` to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
Dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies
God will probably have me on some real strict shit
No sleepin` all day, no gettin my dick licked
Hangin` with the goodie-goodies loungin` in paradise
**** that shit, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice
All my life I been considered as the worst
Lyin` to my mother, even stealin` out her purse
Crime after crime, from drugs to extortion
I know my mother wished she got a ****in` abortion
She don`t even love me like she did when I was younger
Suckin` on her chest just to stop my ****in` hunger
I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies
My babies` mothers 8 months, her little sister`s 2
Who`s to blame for both of them (naw nigga, not you)
I swear to God I just want to slit my wrists and end this bullshit
Throw the Magnum to my head, threaten to pull shit
And squeeze, until the bed`s, completely red
I`m glad I`m dead, a worthless ****in` buddah head
The stress is buildin` up, I can`t,
I can`t believe suicide`s on my ****in` mind
I want to leave, I swear to God I feel like death is ****in` callin` me
Naw you wouldn`t understand (nigga, talk to me please)
You see its kinda like the crack did to Pookie, in New Jack
Except when I cross over, there ain`t no comin` back
Should I die on the train track, like Remo in Beatstreet
People at the funeral frontin` like they miss me
My baby momma kissed me but she glad I`m gone
She knew me and her sista had somethin` goin` on
I reach my peak, I can`t speak,
call my nigga Chic, tell him that my will is weak.
I`m sick of niggas lyin`, I`m sick of bitches hawkin`,
matter of fact, I`m sick of talkin`.
(BANG)
(hey yo big...hey yo big)
Thought about it and considered it as a valid option but haven't attempted it yet...
Yes, but not for several years. I've got better ways of dealing with things now.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I've thought about it, a lot, actually, but I've never seriously considered it. I like being alive too much, no matter how shitty my life is. Right now, it's not bad at all, but I've been in some seriously rough spots.
When I was younger I had seriously thought about and considered suicide, but never went as far as actually doing it.

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but how can you unsuccessfully attempt suicide? To me it really just seems like a cry for attention than anything else.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Nope.

I'm Catholic, so it would take a lot to make me even contemplate it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by TunerAddict
Sure. Who hasn't?

i have them all the time when i see the person with the first post in the thread quote the ts.

but seriously, i never have. i appreciate life too much to even think about thinking about contemplating thinking about having suicidal thoughts.
Quote by JayT44

I just look forward to having my own family someday.

Nothing wrong with that. The part about "having a child to give affection to and to give a better life to than I had" is semi-worrisome to me though. We all want to give affection, but from what you said it makes me think of the child as a goal for your own means. The child is a target for you to give affection to, rather that simply your child, who you'll love regardless. It ends up reflecting your own self interest rather than the interest of the child.

I don't know. Just what you said made me think of this. Probably totally off base.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by toby3p0
Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but how can you unsuccessfully attempt suicide? To me it really just seems like a cry for attention than anything else.

It's pretty common actually. You can OD and not die from it. Or shoot yourself and somehow have your body hang on through it. The human body is a pretty amazing thing, it's capable of enduring a lot.

And user error of course... trying to hang yourself and the rope falling or coming untied, etc.

There are alot of ways you can mess up trying to kill yourself.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I think about it a lot, plan how I would do it sometimes.

I almost did it once, a couple weeks ago. I had this robe belt thing, and I was going to tie it into a noose and hang myself, I mean, you literally have no idea how close I was to ending my life that night, but luckily I'm a lazy son of a bitch and I fell asleep before I could do anything.

I've been a lot happier lately though, so hopefully I won't ever get that close again. I'm kind of glad that happened, though. It put my life into perspective, how close I was. I've been trying harder to improve my life, and it's starting to work.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at May 31, 2010,
Have never thought of it. But I did choose the I have succesfully commited suicide option.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The people who haven't even though of suicide worry me more than those who have tried and failed.

If the thought has never come to your mind, then I'm inclined to think there is something wrong with you, that you aren't living in reality.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Nothing wrong with that. The part about "having a child to give affection to and to give a better life to than I had" is semi-worrisome to me though. We all want to give affection, but from what you said it makes me think of the child as a goal for your own means. The child is a target for you to give affection to, rather that simply your child, who you'll love regardless. It ends up reflecting your own self interest rather than the interest of the child.

I don't know. Just what you said made me think of this. Probably totally off base.

Yeah I see what you mean. A family is just something for me to look forward to right now that makes the future look a little brighter.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Yeah I see what you mean. A family is just something for me to look forward to right now that makes the future look a little brighter.

Nah, just forget I said anything. I'm quite obviously on crack right now.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
The people who haven't even though of suicide worry me more than those who have tried and failed.

If the thought has never come to your mind, then I'm inclined to think there is something wrong with you, that you aren't living in reality.

im pretty inclined to think theres something wrong with you...
I've thought about it, but never considered actually really ending my life.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
More votes for multiple attempts than not considering it at all (damn humorous option)?
Granted, it was my vote that tipped it over...

It's fun to look back on all that unfounded desperation as an amusing phase, but I know how easy it would be to fall back into such a state of mind.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Every teenager goes through the, "**** the world" and "i'm depressed, ima kill myself" phases.

Yeah, let's just downplay actual depression, it's obviously not real, right guys? Just dem damn teenagers and their angst.
Quote by TunerAddict

Man I must be really sick and never knew it.
Now I wanna go kill myself.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Yeah, let's just downplay actual depression, it's obviously not real, right guys? Just dem damn teenagers and their angst.

Every teenager goes through those phases in some shape or form. The question is the degree to which it happends.
Quote by Twist of fate
(RING, RING)

(Hello? Aw shit, nigga. What the **** time is it, man?
Oh god damn. Nigga do you know what time it is?
Aw shit, what the ****`s goin` on? You alright?
Aw, nigga what the **** is wrong wit you?)

When I die, **** it I wanna go to hell
Cause I`m a piece of shit, it ain`t hard to ****in` tell
It don`t make sense, goin` to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
Dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies
God will probably have me on some real strict shit
No sleepin` all day, no gettin my dick licked
Hangin` with the goodie-goodies loungin` in paradise
**** that shit, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice
All my life I been considered as the worst
Lyin` to my mother, even stealin` out her purse
Crime after crime, from drugs to extortion
I know my mother wished she got a ****in` abortion
She don`t even love me like she did when I was younger
Suckin` on her chest just to stop my ****in` hunger
I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies
My babies` mothers 8 months, her little sister`s 2
Who`s to blame for both of them (naw nigga, not you)
I swear to God I just want to slit my wrists and end this bullshit
Throw the Magnum to my head, threaten to pull shit
And squeeze, until the bed`s, completely red
I`m glad I`m dead, a worthless ****in` buddah head
The stress is buildin` up, I can`t,
I can`t believe suicide`s on my ****in` mind
I want to leave, I swear to God I feel like death is ****in` callin` me
Naw you wouldn`t understand (nigga, talk to me please)
You see its kinda like the crack did to Pookie, in New Jack
Except when I cross over, there ain`t no comin` back
Should I die on the train track, like Remo in Beatstreet
People at the funeral frontin` like they miss me
My baby momma kissed me but she glad I`m gone
She knew me and her sista had somethin` goin` on
I reach my peak, I can`t speak,
call my nigga Chic, tell him that my will is weak.
I`m sick of niggas lyin`, I`m sick of bitches hawkin`,
matter of fact, I`m sick of talkin`.
(BANG)
(hey yo big...hey yo big)

This is EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw the thread title. In fact, it's the only reason I opened the thread.

Damn misleading thread titles poisoning our water...grumble grumble..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I actually had a "friend" who told me he was going to commit suicide via text, then we got on XBL and I talked him through his problems via Halo. He had no serious problems at all, he's a popular kid who had an F and a few D's in school and said he couldn't take the pressure his parents put on him, which wasn't much in reality because I knew him pretty well. I use the term "friend" because we were friends then, but he's pretty much just a taker and didn't give a shit about me when I needed him, and ended up ****ing me over. I also talked him through when his uncle killed himself. He's a pretty shitty friend, but I'm still glad I did what I did for him because it makes me feel like a better person.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by GoodnightHero
im pretty inclined to think theres something wrong with you...

Har har.

Our mortality is central to our lives, so I'd be inclined to assume that a self inflicted death would come up sometime in one's thinking. There are a number of ways it could be approached, even as a power issue. Death is just something that is so prominent in our culture and always has been that I find it hard to think that anyone could not think of suicide at least once...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by JayT44
It's pretty common actually. You can OD and not die from it. Or shoot yourself and somehow have your body hang on through it. The human body is a pretty amazing thing, it's capable of enduring a lot.

And user error of course... trying to hang yourself and the rope falling or coming untied, etc.

There are alot of ways you can mess up trying to kill yourself.

Valid point, but attempting to OD, slit your wrists or anything similar just doesn't seem very definitive. When I was thinking about it, my plan was to shoot myself in the head with a shotgun, not something you can really **** up. Thankfully it never came to that point, life is too precious to waste.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by red157
More votes for multiple attempts than not considering it at all (damn humorous option)?

That wasn't humorous, the last one was. All the others are legit options bro.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Every teenager goes through those phases in some shape or form. The question is the degree to which it happends.

Yeah, I've been going through that phase practically every day for the past 5 years. Tell me when it's supposed to let up, I really want to know.

I'm sorry, I'm just really out of it right now. I need to leave this thread.
Quote by Jackal58
Man I must be really sick and never knew it.
Now I wanna go kill myself.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I've thought about suicide extensively, and I have considered it. However, whenever I consider it, I always wait until the next day so that I can think clearly, and the suicidal thoughts usually go away. I wouldn't attempt it because I would be letting a lot of people down, including myself.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
I've never had a serious thought about it.

There have been situations where I thought to myself that I'd be better off dead, but it was never actually a serious thought.

There has never been a time where I actually considered it as something I would do.

I guess maybe I'm just more optimistic than a lot of people. I try not to let things get me down, unless it's a funky groove. Then I get down.
Page 1 of 3