hello pit members my names hunter and i need some help. i want to learn how to sweep pick but i don't know where to learn. ive checked out some videos but i don't want to learn it wrong where did any of you guys learn i don't care how long it takes i just need a reliable and correct place to learn

thanks, Hunter
It's not really a "how to learn" type of thing. You just have to practice your balls off to sweep pick. It took me almost 2 years before I could even attempt to sweep, and I'm not very good at it now, I can do very little of it. It comes with practice.

Start off slowly on the pattern, and then your speed will build. The pick you use will affect your ability to sweep also.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at May 31, 2010,
heres an awesome thread on all techniques including sweep picking:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091796

go down to 5.5 and there it is. and nice to meet u hunter
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
well thats the problem i dont know any patterns or theroy on it yet i need to start from scratch like right hand technique and from the very beginning, complete beginner introduction im ashamed to say.
Quote by synslash
well thats the problem i dont know any patterns or theroy on it yet i need to start from scratch like right hand technique and from the very beginning, complete beginner introduction im ashamed to say.

The solo to Chapter Four is the first bif of sweeping I ever learned to do... which isn't much sweeping in the first place. Sidewinder has a few sweeping parts in it which are semi-easy.

Just try making your own simple patterns of sweeping and practice them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Maybe wrong forum Hunter, but hello!

I personally, didn't learn from lessons, I just taught myself from the sweeps in Lexington by Chiodos. They're actually a great starting point, 5 string minor, major and augmented sweeps all in a challenging progression. I practiced my balls off and after a summer, viola!
Quote by synslash

Learn a good amount of theory before you try to learn how to sweep. Also take it to the guitar techniques forum.
Quote by TheChaz
Learn a good amount of theory before you try to learn how to sweep. Also take it to the guitar techniques forum.

this. make sure you know about what you want to learn (study it) before actually atempting it and learning it. and yes, you will get better answers at the guitar techniques forum

also in the link i wrote at the bottom of section 5.5 there is a link to a video so that should help
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG