I was wondering out of all the people out there who would pick a Jackson RR5 and who would pick a Jackson RR5FR and why?
some people require a floyd and some people dont require one. Some dont want to mess with a floyd and others do.
I would pick the rr5. I don't use floyd roses and the restringing/tuning is a pain in the ass. I simply don't have the patience or need for a fr, some people do.
People who need crazy tremolo dives need something like a Floyd Rose. But if you're a person who changes tunings very often, and doesn't need the ability to have crazy-tremolo-soloing stuff, then get a hardtail version.

Pros and Cons to each.. It's all down to personal preference.
Quote by Sme11thegl0ve
I would pick the rr5. I don't use floyd roses and the restringing/tuning is a pain in the ass. I simply don't have the patience or need for a fr, some people do.

tbh, since going fr I'd never go back, you might think it takes more time if you are unexperienced with it, but when u get used to it:

restringing takes about 30 minutes, if you keep the same gauge.
tuning: takes 2 seconds, everytime I pick up my guitar its ready to go, some strings will be about 2 cents off but that's it, its like 3 or 4 little turns on the fine tuners and you are set for a couple of hours!

I mean seriously with my fixed bridge ibanez it was retuning like every half hour, now I only have to do it once every day, and even then the strings are less out of tune then one hour on my ibby :p

anyway op, its simple!

do you switch tunings frequently?
if so don't go for the FR,

else FR ftw!

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>