hi guys. i have to do an assignment for pop at uni and i was wondering if neone has any interesting thoughts/input as to what i can put in there? anything interesting to do with the development of pop over the years would be a huge help

and for the record, i hate listening to pop music, which is making this assignment even harder.
Quote by jackw_707
hi guys. i have to do an assignment for pop at uni and i was wondering if neone has any interesting thoughts/input as to what i can put in there?

Neone? I can't say I've seen him around before. He must be a 10'er...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Could you be a bit more specific as to what this assignment is?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by jackw_707
and for the record, i hate listening to pop music, which is making this assignment even harder.

Really now? Lets take a look at your favorite music.

"RATM, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, RHCP, System Of A Down."

Uhh...
They tend to mean pop music as opposed to classical music, not just top 40s stuff. Rock, metal etc would probably count.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I want an honest and serious answer for this whole "Its bad because its popular" mentality.

I understand just not liking a song or something, but seriously there are a lot of ignorant people just running around and complaining about it.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I want an honest and serious answer for this whole "Its bad because its popular" mentality.

I understand just not liking a song or something, but seriously there are a lot of ignorant people just running around and complaining about it.

This man speaks the truth.

Not all pop is bad.. a lot of it is really pretty good, i think everyone is just being an elitest metal head.

On topic: why not just talk about the different trends pop has brought along the years or stuff like that
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Quote by JacobTheMe

It's people that run around as though they are an authority on "real" music because they listen to their local classic rock station, when in reality they are just as ignorant of musical history as most of the Top 40 listeners that they claim to so vehemently hate. The only difference is that those people don't speak with a juvenile and self-righteous air of expertise.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
Quote by JacobTheMe

If it is popular, other people enjoy it and that makes me less unique and cool for listening to it.