Hi folks, I need your help on the effects loop function of Peavey Bandit 112. This is what the manual explains about it:

EFFECTS LOOP (Bandit 112 ONLY)
This pair of mono 1/4” jacks provides an effects SEND and RETURN path for the preamp signal. Connect the SEND jack to the input of an external, low-level, signal processing effects unit. Return the signal from your external effects unit to the RETURN jack. This setup is known as an Effects Loop since the signal exits your amp (send) and loops (return) back to it.

My understanding is that (correct me if I'm wrong) with effects loop function, effect units begin and end with connecting points on the amp, instead of standing between guitar and amp. But I'm confused with the word "low-level", really dunno what it is. I'm buying Zoom G2, is it kind of low-level?
Quote by obeythepenguin
If you want the Martin, accept no substitute -- save up and get the Martin.

Yes
All low-level means is that you're not running something crazy loud in there. Like don't hook your amp up to another amp to another amp to another amp and crank them to 11 and run them all in the effects loop.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks, Raijouta. And what may happen if I break that rule?
Quote by obeythepenguin

Yes
its a matter of opinion, but peavey bandit is a great sounding amp.. dont get digital effects, give the thing something to work with. singular pedals.

IMO > peavey bandit has GREAT reverb, Awesome blues/rock/metal infact any sound you want to dial in.
Dont know how long you've had the amp, but i had mine for 2 years before i learned how to use the T.Dynamics dial. and WOW.
not really what you were asking tho, so i'll but out.

good luck
I bought this used but imo it's good. Well, my first amp but at least I have sounds change when tweaking knobs :p My understanding is (again, correct me if this is a mistake) an effect is needed to set up patch and use during the track. Say, I want distortion at some point and then delay at some other. Without effects, is it possible to do so?
Quote by obeythepenguin

Yes
I recently got a bandit. Must say its an absolutely killer amp, a real steal for the price. Mine has the loose/medium/tight and 25/50/100 switches on the back. When flicking them I can notice a small change but not a lot. For like a stack I got 100 and tight and for a overdriven combo i go 25 loose but beyond that I dont really know how to work them. I know what they do in principle but could someone explain further how to properly utilise them?

Thanks (and sorry to hi-jack thread!)
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Nonsleeper,
delay is not possible with this amp without external effects. not sure exactly what your asking.

Varkunus,
You may have a slightly different version to me, i dont have said switch, so i cant really comment, however i can get the same effects using the T.dynamics. ie if you back it right off the amp breaks up and you get a rougher tone on the clean channel, but flat out you get a very clear, very loud clean tone,
i find it most use on the vintage lead channel, using low gain input, gain about 1/3 and t.dynamics about 20%
it rocks.
Quote by NonSleeper
My understanding is that (correct me if I'm wrong) with effects loop function, effect units begin and end with connecting points on the amp, instead of standing between guitar and amp. But I'm confused with the word "low-level", really dunno what it is. I'm buying Zoom G2, is it kind of low-level?
Yes that is low level. The Bandit is kind of in between instrument and line level, so I guess they evade the point by calling it low level. The return impedance is 22K so you want a pedal that has good output drivers in the loop. All multifx qualify as having strong output driver.
@guitargeek: I just try to point out that effects are necessary for, well, effects that may not be handled with the amp alone.

Maybe I'll wrap up questions with this: What accessories do you build around the amp? Or in other words, what is insufficient in this amp that some efx can boost it up?
Quote by obeythepenguin

Yes
I'd go for delay, chorus, and anything you want that the amp doesnt have..
I'm 100% certian you can get the clean/distortion sound perfect with this amp.. then again a boss DS-1, TS9-dx tube screamer > and an EQ pedal could be good in your loop, a CE-2 Chorus, and i like the digital sampler/delay boss did.. would go well aswell

but dare i say it.. if your not chasing that perfect 'tone' then just go for digital effects, because it will do it all.
It seems clearer to me now. Thanks
Quote by obeythepenguin

Yes
Quote by guitargeek89
its a matter of opinion, but peavey bandit is a great sounding amp.. dont get digital effects, give the thing something to work with. singular pedals.

IMO > peavey bandit has GREAT reverb, Awesome blues/rock/metal infact any sound you want to dial in.
Dont know how long you've had the amp, but i had mine for 2 years before i learned how to use the T.Dynamics dial. and WOW.
not really what you were asking tho, so i'll but out.

good luck

yeah, despite it being solid state, i think its a brilliant amp. used mine for a good 3 years. Reverb is pretty good too but but the T.Dynamics, I always left on 10 :P
if you still have the amp, play with the T.dynamics. may make you love your amp / old amp, even more
Ditch Multi FX

The Bandit has great reverb, plus the T Dynamics "kinda" makes it behave like a tube amp.

Use single stomp boxes in the loop.

I use a Bandit for gigging these days, its light compared to similar powered tube amps, has a great overdrive and a sweet clean channel.

I use a chorus, delay, flanger, compressor in line from guitar to amp, and an EQ pedal in the loop for volume boost on solos (I have a 10 year old model, but the newest incarnation of the bandit has a "boost" on the footswitch for this)
This thread was over 3 years ago, I dare-say TS has found a solution by now.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"