I'm looking for a good 4x12 cab for my Sovtek MIG, and there is a massive sale on for these cabs at a local store (selling for $399 new AUD). Should I pick one up, are they any good? They're Celestion loaded apparently, but I'm not sure with what speakers.

EDIT: this http://www.music123.com/Kustom-QUAD-ST-412-A-260W-4x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-600653-i1388504.Music123
Last edited by scaryfried at May 31, 2010,

You'd be better off buying an unloaded 2x12 or 4x12 and speakers yourself and setting it up that way... would be alot higher quality.

They also don't come with Celestions, they come with Kustom speakers, which you're gonna want to replace at some point.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
hmm, where is a good place to buy speakers in australia then? surely by the time it's tolexed, handles are put on and the time spent it'll come to be far more expensive.

it has a sticker on it saying celestion loaded as well as a celestion tag, so it's got some kind of celestion inside. might be super 65's
A lot of Kustom's Quad cabinets came loaded with Celestion G12P80 speakers. The one you are looking at might also have them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's 260 watts, so yes, they do have the Celestion Super 65's.
Not very good speakers IMO.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by scaryfried
Hmm, is the construction of these cabs any good? Because I could sell the speakers at a later date.

Yes. While it isn't Kustom's top of the line cabinet (that would be the Double Cross), everything Kustom makes is built to withstand a nuclear blast. It will hold up, and the Quad cabinets I've heard sound very good.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley