So basically, i am sure there are some Nile fans on here, but, that is not the point.

The point is, i am sure some of you have taken the time to read some of Karl's mindblowing lyrics, well, my question is, where the hell does he get this information for his songs?

I have tried reading the book of the dead, the book of gates, the book of Am-Tuat and they all make next to no sense to me, i take it they are spells of some sort for the dead

If you have not heard of Nile, they are classed as a Death Metal band and they write a lot of lyrics to do with ancient egypt, hence the name

Here are some song names

Barra Edinazzu
Khetti Satha Shemsu
Invocation of the Gate of Aat-Ankh-es-en-Amenti
Nas Akhu Khan she en Asbiu
Kheftiu Asar Butchiu

Does anyone have any links or know of any PDF files that i can download that can explain to me these places/beings/whatever they are? i am currently very interested in the topic
lashed to the slave stick and sarcophagus are pretty mad and really cool when you understand it.

But this really belongs in bands and artists
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Stay in school, son.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
From magical and mystical sources of information that present themselves only to the worthy: Books.

It's possible that some of that is made up or only loosely based on egyptian mythology, I dunno
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
From magical and mystical sources of information that present themselves only to the worthy: Books.

It's possible that some of that is made up or only loosely based on egyptian mythology, I dunno

A lot of stuff is inspired by H.P Lovecraft aswell which adds to the blatant obscurity of some of their material
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft

and yeah there a lot of mysticism in Ancient egyptian besides karl knows tons bout Egypt xD
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
I reckon Karl Sanders has some kind of degree in Egyptology, that's where he gets all his information from.

Also, Nile fan here.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
^ Sweet, but for those of us that are not quite Egyptologists yet, how can i gain a better understanding of this stuff without taking a uni course?

Are there are sites for it, any books you know of that explain this? i need answers
Quote by ShredHead396
^ Sweet, but for those of us that are not quite Egyptologists yet, how can i gain a better understanding of this stuff without taking a uni course?
Are there are sites for it, any books you know of that explain this? i need answers

wiki and a library along with the telly Libraries would be your best bet and point you in a better direction.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Quote by CoreysMonster
wait, are you the guy who's been making nothing but threads about egypt?

Why yes, yes i am

Until my multi got banned
Quote by ShredHead396
Why yes, yes i am

Until my multi got banned

cy@

OT: he gets inspired by Egyptian mythology and HP Lovercraft, as i'm sure has been mentioned. stuff like the Book of the Dead, etc, google is your friend.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Last edited by Sol9989 at May 31, 2010,
^ haha, you pitmonkey's sure are on the ball arnt'chas? :P

I said my multi got banned, fools, not that i am a multi, they already knew about my other account
dude, if you're that interested in Egypt, why don't you just go the library and get a goddamn book already. I swear to god, this is like the 6th thread about Egypt I've seen you do, and you keep on making them, expecting to get something more than "go read books and research".
^ Read the following very carefully, coreysmonster

This is a thread in which i ask if anyone here can shed some light on the information behind the lyrics of Karl Sanders songs, i have read some of his liner notes, and while they provide some nice pieces of information, i am still having trouble comprehending the information

Why don't you take a gander at The Book Of Coming Forth And Going By Day and we'll see how well you fair

Hrumph!
Quote by ShredHead396
^ Read the following very carefully, coreysmonster

This is a thread in which i ask if anyone here can shed some light on the information behind the lyrics of Karl Sanders songs, i have read some of his liner notes, and while they provide some nice pieces of information, i am still having trouble comprehending the information

Why don't you take a gander at The Book Of Coming Forth And Going By Day and we'll see how well you fair

Hrumph!

it's a bunch of hymns fellating the gods and describing how badass and awesome they are in order to please them while burying the dead, and a whole bunch of incantations to help the dead cross the Nile.

what's so hard about that?
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's a bunch of hymns fellating the gods and describing how badass and awesome they are in order to please them while burying the dead, and a whole bunch of incantations to help the dead cross the Nile.

what's so hard about that?

Lol, failed to provide an mature answer? don't worry, we've all been there

Quote by webbtje
Nile is metalcore, I don't care.

Quote by ShredHead396
Lol, failed to provide an mature answer? don't worry, we've all been there

why, because I used the word "fellation"?
If fellation is immature then I don't want to be mature.

EDIT: also, if this is about nile then it should be in the metal forum

*reported*
Just your entire tone that i get from your post indicates to me that you have nothing of worth to contribute to this thread,

Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: also, if this is about nile then it should be in the metal forum

*reported*

This is about the information behind the Lyrics, this is not about Nile

And **** the pit, i'm sick of this little sub forum you people have here
Last edited by ShredHead396 at May 31, 2010,