My last pair (Koss PortaPros) broke at the end of the cable by the jack, as cheap ones usually do with me. So I need some more, and I wondered . . .

What headphones do Pitmonkeys use? On-ear that is.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
... aren't all headphones portable?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
For On Ear, I use my guitar headphones, Samson CH70's From SweetWater the are $60, from anywhere else they are like $20, they might be even cheaper at Guitar Center right now...
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My on-ear headphones are B+W P5 headphones.

If you give me an idea of your budget and what genre of music you mainly listen to, I can give you a professional opinion.

Ah cool. Umm, anything with a guitar in basically, mainly heavier stuff or fusion. £50 would be my budget, but if there are a pair a bit over that are amazing I'll stretch :P
usually a steelseries siberia headphones, which is actually made for gaming, but sounds awesome for music
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
Quote by Luminate
usually a steelseries siberia headphones, which is actually made for gaming, but sounds awesome for music

How do you find the neckband with that? Is it strong? Does it slide down your head sometimes?
Quote by OldHairyOne
How do you find the neckband with that? Is it strong? Does it slide down your head sometimes?

it goes over your head, not behind

and its fits well, the band itself is a bit elastic, and the ear parts are fairly big, so your ears wont get soar after some hours
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
Quote by OldHairyOne
Ah cool. Umm, anything with a guitar in basically, mainly heavier stuff or fusion. £50 would be my budget, but if there are a pair a bit over that are amazing I'll stretch :P

Grado SR60i. A good amount of low end to them, but still have a great level of detail. However, they are £90. Within your budget for over ears, there's the Grado iGrado at £45. I would seriously give the extra budget a think about though. I've given a fair few things a damn good audition at the hifi store I work at as assistant manager and for the price, Grado comes off very well. Very popular with the customers too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Grado SR60i. A good amount of low end to them, but still have a great level of detail. However, they are £90. Within your budget for over ears, there's the Grado iGrado at £45. I would seriously give the extra budget a think about though. I've given a fair few things a damn good audition at the hifi store I work at as assistant manager and for the price, Grado comes off very well. Very popular with the customers too.

They look cool. How reinforced is the cable at the ends? That's what broke with my Koss ones. I'd stretch for them if they are reliable too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

+1. They're open cans though, so if you're worried about annoying everyone around you with your music, don't get these. I've heard good things about these for closed-back budget headphones.

<obligatory> Whatever you do don't get Skullcandies </obligatory>
Quote by Demon Wolf
... aren't all headphones portable?
I think he wants small headphones that he can walk around with as opposed to huge cans.
Quote by OldHairyOne
They look cool. How reinforced is the cable at the ends? That's what broke with my Koss ones. I'd stretch for them if they are reliable too.

Very reliable. The lad I work with (who I leapfrogged from christmas temp to assistant manager ) has had a pair since they came out with no issue.