Page 1 of 7
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
Yes it is a brand new installment of the ONLY Led Zeppelin Thread. . .

I know all of you Zep freaks out there are so excited

Once again, follow the rules and this should be another successful thread

Topic is Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin ONLY!! Discuss anything and everything about the band. . .

WARNING: NO SPAMMING!!. . . I will issue warnings to anyone who blatantly spams. . .

So once again. . . Keep all things Zep and have fun

-jono-
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Matty Ramone
5th Member of the ramones
33 IQ
hi my name is matty
My Favorite band of alltime is Led Zeppelin

I love the movie song remains the same
my favorite part is when they do
the title song and then go into the rainsong

I love the DVD how the west was won, my favorite is the whole Knebworth show ,
they were dead on, I love whole lotta love and no bodys fault but mine

My Favorite song is Hots on for nowhere from the album Presence

My favorite album is Zeppelin 3

that about covers it for now
Oh no, It go, It gone, Bye-bye, Who I
I think, I sink, And I die
bass_player15
Banned
10 IQ
ya zep rulz and thank you jono034 for starting the second thread. u are my hero. JPJ is the most uderrated musician and member of Led Zeppelin. who agrees with me?
Matty Ramone
5th Member of the ramones
33 IQ
no body plays drums like the late great Bonzo and nobody will
Oh no, It go, It gone, Bye-bye, Who I
I think, I sink, And I die
TGM
Transistor Tubes
238 IQ

Congratulatios Jon, I was wondering when you would become a mod. Now you can not only eat newbies, you can warn em too!

Oh, yea, this thread has a topic.

What instruments does JPJ play? I know he plays bass, and keyboards, but I think he plays some more.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
^^^ Thanks a bunch

He also played some mandolin. . . cant really think of anything else at the moment
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Kill em all89
Built to skate dude!!
46 IQ
JPJ played that three necked guitar. that was cool
join the metal militia PM me or IM on AIM Kill em all3323
The metal militia
73 members and still goin strong

Join the metal militia! You will be saved.
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
^^^ I did not know that. . . for what song??
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Kill em all89
Built to skate dude!!
46 IQ
i dunno i saw a pic of him playing it but heres what it looks like
Attachments:
trip_flat_jpj.jpg
The metal militia

battleofla
Banned
230 IQ
A bassist played that?! bloody hell...

Anyways, my fave zep album is...umm the remasters first disc if that counts:| if not led zep 1
phantom lord363
hmmm
180 IQ
wooohh what a crazy lookin thing that is, getting to the middle neck would be annoying surly......
bah
BassyJoey
UG Newbie
90 IQ
That would be an arse to play, looks really wierd...
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Joey .G
It's Never Enough...
38 IQ
That three necked guitar looks really cool I've never seen one before
Wounded Hamster
Red Iron Chili Maidens
336 IQ
I have just got into Zeppelin, having bought 'Remasters' yesterday. I knew that everyone always went on about them, and now I see why. What an incredible band!

I'd heard Stairway To Heaven before, of course, and the Immigrant Song, but I'd say my favourite at the moment is 'Babe I'm gonna Leave You'. I love the classical feel to the guitar parts in that song.
bass_player15
Banned
10 IQ
Originally posted by jono034
^^^ Thanks a bunch

He also played some mandolin. . . cant really think of anything else at the moment

he also played another instrument whos name i cannot remember nor pronounce and it imitated the sound of a stringed instrument. u would have seen it on the led zeppelin dvd but sadly it broke down.
ZepHedJack
56 IQ
Originally posted by HalfOurO'Power
who is stairway about? (or what)
I have heard it is about janice joplin

Man, that topic will be discussed till the end of time. Really, no one knows what it is about, Plant was stoned throughout that whole period and said that they could mean anything.

IMO, and I guess Plant's...from what he said in TSRTS, It's a song of hope.
Who is John Galt?
acdc101
pft
295 IQ
jimmy page played the theremin but i dont think in any songs
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Last edited by acdc101 at Sep 1, 2004,
ZepHedJack
56 IQ
Originally posted by acdc101
jimmy page played the thereminbut i dont think in any songs

He played it in Whole Lotta Love, I think.
Who is John Galt?
Antonio Ulfers
Led Zeppelin ****ing Rock
23 IQ
Originally posted by Kill em all89
i dunno i saw a pic of him playing it but heres what it looks like

I have a picture of Page playing a guitar like that, but I didn't think JPJ did.
Originally posted by Mildly_Retarded

I always see a swinging smiley penis in this smiley...

Dont be ignorant- www.erowid.org
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
yay, new zep thread, me so happy

i figured id kick things off with a good ole LED ZEPPELIN RULES
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
guitar36
UG's Poet
49 IQ
Didn't Jimmy Page find the cover art to Led Zeppelin 4 at some old shop or something?
"My vocation is more in composition really than anything else- building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army" ~Jimmy Page~
page59
ug's heavy breather
51 IQ
i've heard that stairway is about spiritual perfection, and i've heard it from several different sources too. yeah Jimmy layed the therimin on whole lotta love. Jimmy played mandolin on the records, and jpj played them live.
"Trey(phish) is as good as Eric Clapton"

-God i wanted to kick this kids ass
page59
ug's heavy breather
51 IQ
Originally posted by guitar36
Didn't Jimmy Page find the cover art to Led Zeppelin 4 at some old shop or something?

Jimmy and Robert were out shopping one day in pawnshops, or some sort of similar store when Jimmy found that and bought it.
"Trey(phish) is as good as Eric Clapton"

-God i wanted to kick this kids ass
Rock'n Roll
jesus,save us
476 IQ
me personally I think John Paul Jones is the most talented member instrument wise,you know since he can play more instruments then any other member of the band.Who do you feel is the most talented?(of course Jimmy Page dominating guitar, many not know this(which I don't know how you wouldn't.lol)he produce all of Led Zepp's Albums and he's one hell of a producer at that, Robert Plant's vocals, harmonica and tamborine skills, and of course John Bonham's Drumming all are what makes Led Zepp the brillant,talented,skilled, band that plays with so much attitude,passion,heat and soul making it the well oiled machine it is.All in all John Paul Jones is the most underrated and talented member of Led Zepp his instrumentation is endless,really thats why I say hes the most talented.
zeppelin_05
Valhalla I am Coming
14 IQ
I won't say he's the MOST talented of the four, but he surely is underrated, and his orchestrations are second only to Page's and sometimes they're even better. He's a better arranger than the rest, but musician, i'm not sure...
"And as we wind on down the road...
Our shadows taller than our souls..."
dionysus85
The Hoochie Coochie Man
239 IQ
Originally posted by acdc101
jimmy page played the theremin but i dont think in any songs

he used it on whole lotta love and no quarter

great idea to clear the zep thread, i never used to bother comin in here coz it was just full of cr*p

Quote by MountainJam
How do i contract brain damage?
la bamba
UG Addict
493 IQ
Originally posted by Rock'n Roll
me personally I think John Paul Jones is the most talented member instrument wise,you know since he can play more instruments then any other member of the band.Who do you feel is the most talented?(of course Jimmy Page dominating guitar, many not know this(which I don't know how you wouldn't.lol)he produce all of Led Zepp's Albums and he's one hell of a producer at that, Robert Plant's vocals, harmonica and tamborine skills, and of course John Bonham's Drumming all are what makes Led Zepp the brillant,talented,skilled, band that plays with so much attitude,passion,heat and soul making it the well oiled machine it is.All in all John Paul Jones is the most underrated and talented member of Led Zepp his instrumentation is endless,really thats why I say hes the most talented.

i agree. jpj is easily the most overlooked, underrated musician any band could have had. he was a freakin magical musician. like said in the first zeppelin only thread, it took 7, yes 7 musicians to fill in for jpj for plant and page's tour.

i also think hes got most instrumental talent. what would zep songs be w/o his magical instrumentation. take his keyboards for ex.

what would songs like kashmir, misty mtn hop, stairway, no quarter, and my personal fav w/jpj keys, the rain song be like w/o it? it would lose bout half the experience... imo
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Michael_Frazier
UG Member
10 IQ
That is a very rare custom instrument. Mandolin/6-string guitar/12-string guitar. The only time I ever saw it played by John Paul Jones was on the "Ten Years Gone" music video recorded live.

And yes, it was Robert Plant who played the harmonica on "Bring It On Home". His vocals during the opening lines were an emulation of some more traditional black blues. It really compliments the shuffle arrangement.

As for "Stairway," some say it's about Satan. There are backwards messages in the lyrics that talk about Satan, but few people really know that the song played normally has messages refering to Satan. "The Piper" is an alias of Satan's. He was called that because before Lucifer's fall from grace in heaven, God had given Satan alone the ability to make music. He played a flute and an odd tamborine of sorts. You'll have to interpret the song on your own though.

As for Jonesy's musical talent, he was very gifted. He was raised by two musically nurturing parents. His father, for instance, was a professional pianist. Over time, Jones eventually learned piano, organ (like a piano except arrangements for it required use of both feet and more dexterity), Bass, Mandolin, and a lil' guitar of course. I'm not sure how many instruments Page knew how to play but I know he played Guitar (of course), the sitar, and the banjo, which he borrowed from Jonesy (who I'm not sure played it or not). The banjo was used on "Gallows Pole".
Last edited by Michael_Frazier at Sep 2, 2004,
Kill em all89
Built to skate dude!!
46 IQ
Originally posted by Antonio Ulfers
I have a picture of Page playing a guitar like that, but I didn't think JPJ did.

heres one with JPJ playing it
Attachments:
jpj_3neck_2.jpg
The metal militia

TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
i do think that john paul jones is underrated, but i dont know about him being the best musician in the band, afterall, they had one of the best guitarists of all time and one of the best drummers of all time, not to mention, one of the best singers of all time, its hard to be #1 in that group
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ledzep99
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Does anyone know any good sites to get good led zeppelin pictures of them playing live? I did a google image search and didn't find any good pictures.

£"$"
Oh let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Rain on me
Last edited by ledzep99 at Sep 2, 2004,
HalfOurO'Power
UG Newbie
10 IQ
JPJ is very talented, not because he played so many instruments, but because his music was so beautiful
Signed JPJ
Jimi444
I Am The Lizard King
194 IQ
^^ did you try the Led Zeppelin fan club internet site???
PM ME TO JOIN THE ANTI-BUSH FANCLUB
62 members so far