Ok, so we played a show saturday night, and I found my amps tone to be very very muddy. I am cusious, would it be my EMG batteries, or would it be an issue with tubes? I asked one or two people and they said more than likely the batteries. Unfortunately I won't be able to try out my new batteries on the amp until maybe the weekend as my cab is at our jam spot (we were using another bands cab backline).

Thoughts?

And it wasn't my settings as I even reset it to pump out crazy treble and presence to see if it would compensate but no, it qwas still quite muddy. Thankfully our band has some sludgy elements so it got the job done, but I am still curious in case it could be another issue.

Thanks!
When EMG's batteries go flat the first thing you notice is that they sound muddy. Change it first before doing surgery on the amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
When EMG's batteries go flat the first thing you notice is that they sound muddy. Change it first before doing surgery on the amp.

I was thinking it would be the batteries as well, although the last time they died I lost alot of gain, so I just noobly assumed it would do the same thing again! I have only been professionally playing live for about six to eight months, so there are still a few glitches and things that I am working out, as alot of it is trial and error, lol. I'll hopefully get the question answered 100% this weekend.

And when power tubes start failing,. I also thought that loss of gain and volume would ensue as well. I've had the head for about the same length of time, so I thought I shoudl hopefully have another coupkle of months left out of them.
Power tube failure can be preceded by lots of things - loss of volume, loss of bass, loss of tops, microphonics, pops and farts.

I actually use rechargeable batteries in my guitar with EMGs with a socket for the charger mounted on the rear inspection plate.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification