Alot of people (including myself) were real anxious for this amp to come out. Sounded like it was a great amp and I was thinking of getting one. They have been out for a while now and I haven't seen much in reviews on it. Could some of you that got these amps put some reviews on UG for the rest of us. I am curious as to what they are like from users and not the "sellers"
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Yeah I kinda want to know what amp it's modeled after. BC30 sounds alot like AC30 :O

EDIT: Nevermind. It's modeled after a Matchless DC30.... WHICH IS AWESOMEEEE

And dude, there's a review here on UG.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Last edited by zeminion at May 31, 2010,
Quote by WtrPlyr
Which is modelled after a AC30

WE ALL WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by WtrPlyr
Which is modelled after a AC30

Though the BC30 has no EF86 channel, which is super lame.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by AcousticMirror
somebody bought one. he was posting a bit before but he stopped. guess he liked it.
still no ef86 though...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Custom-AC15C1-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423619

this is the same price? comes with greenbacks? unless you really need 15 extra watts? in which case....bugera ftw?

Yeah i need the extra watts
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I would check out the new Vox AC30C2, I tried both the 15 and 30 watt versions and the 30 was just a tad better in all departments of tonality. Definitely worth buying or at least checking out, amazing amp for the price.
Quote by AcousticMirror
somebody bought one. he was posting a bit before but he stopped. guess he liked it.
still no ef86 though...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Custom-AC15C1-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423619

this is the same price? comes with greenbacks? unless you really need 15 extra watts? in which case....bugera ftw?

it doesn't have an ef86 channel either? and it'd have to be a pretty big improvement on the custom classic ac15, which was rubbish.

Obviously that doesn't mean the bugera will be good, i haven't tried it. or any bugeras.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it doesn't have an ef86 channel either? and it'd have to be a pretty big improvement on the custom classic ac15, which was rubbish.

I've heard the AC15C1 clip on youtube and sounds pretty good and i've heard the quality is meant to be much better than the old CC series.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I've heard the AC15C1 clip on youtube and sounds pretty good and i've heard the quality is meant to be much better than the old CC series.

yeah, i think i've heard that too. was just pointing it out. people slag off bugera because it makes cheap copies, but the big names can wheel out crappy amps too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by madh4ttr
Alot of people (including myself) were real anxious for this amp to come out. Sounded like it was a great amp and I was thinking of getting one. They have been out for a while now and I haven't seen much in reviews on it. Could some of you that got these amps put some reviews on UG for the rest of us. I am curious as to what they are like from users and not the "sellers"

I picked up the Bugera BC30 back in early April of this year. The build quality is very impressive. Seems like a very solid amp. The chicken head controls have plenty of resistance to them which gives it a nice feel. The material used to cover the amp has a nice look to it as well. The tubes even have a fan to cool them off which is nice for when you leave the amp on stand by for hours.

Sound wise. Channel 1 is my favourite. It runs off two 12AX7 pre-amp tubes (a 12AX7A and a 12AX7B) before going into the four EL84 power tubes. The sounds are really nice. Clean is extremely clean and dirty can easily get to AC/DC dirty. I use a variety of guitars, and all sound good through this amp. I rarely adjust the bass/treble controls. Here is a link to a sound demo I recently posted on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXTYM26_Jk

Channel 2. Runs only off a 12AX7A tube before going into the four EL84 tubes. It is a bit darker sounding channel. The tone selector adds or takes away bottom end.

The Master Volume control also has a Cut control for the highs. This only becomes active if you crank the Master past 50%. If you can turn this amp up to 50% without ear plugs, your on your way to becoming deaf.

The guts of the amp. Well, Bugera is pretty wise. They ensured all the tubes are safely shielded by a metal cage. Removal of a few screws and this cage pops off. How do I know this you ask? Well... After owning it for a month, one of the Bugera 12AX7B tubes in channel one decided to cease working. You know when a pre-amp tube goes cause your volume drops by 90%. I replaced it at first with an Electro Harmonics EH tube (12AX7) and it sounded pretty good, but it lacked some bite, so I replaced it with a Chinese made 12AX7B and wow the attack came back. Also to note about the tubes... You can replace your own EL84s. There is a built in Bias dial and RCA plug to ensure all is biased nicely.

Three cool things about this amp:

1. You can reduce the output power to half by a switch on the rear (from 30 to 15 watts). However, Bugera forgot to advise folks in their manual that when you do this, you must also switch the IMPEDANCE. i wrote to Bugera and they confirmed this error.

2. You can Reverse the speaker phase. The sound really does change when you select this switch. If you record a guitar lick (rhythm or lead) on a multitrack device and then wish to fatten it by playing the same guitar lick again, you then reverse the speakers and it sounds like you're using a different amp.

3. You can blend Channel 1 and Channel 2. When you run both channels at once, the amp turns into a METAL amp (like a Marshall). Very heavy distortion.

Overall, great amp for the price!