I wrote a intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus song on my guitar. I don't want to change anything with the guitar, but can anyone give me tips on how to transition between all of them other than just straight up changing? Our drummer seems to have a little trouble with it too. I usually just tell him to hit the crash and we'll come into the chorus, but I don't know much on drum techniques and stuff
well, one easy way is to just put in a buildup
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Tell the drummer to do a fill that leads into it. A buildup, as RustInPeace explained, works quite well.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
insert a turnaround between parts? By turnaround I mean a short riff that flows into the next part.
Yeah, I understand the build up thing, I just don't want EVERY song to be like that :/ we already have one song with a buildup. And I tell him to do fills, but he doesn't know what to do. It's not that he sucks, cuz he doesn't, as far as playing anyway. And he can do fills, he just seems unsure of himself :/ but thanks, I'll tell him again
Quote by kh2xiii
Yeah, I understand the build up thing, I just don't want EVERY song to be like that :/ we already have one song with a buildup. And I tell him to do fills, but he doesn't know what to do. It's not that he sucks, cuz he doesn't, as far as playing anyway. And he can do fills, he just seems unsure of himself :/ but thanks, I'll tell him again
Tell him to just observe what other drummers do.

Plus it doesn't have to be all that complex. It could be eight sixteenth note hits on the snare or something. Simple stuff like that works wonders.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
You can't steal ideas. If you copy a whole song, sure that's stealing. But everyone takes influence from others and puts it in their own playing. Nobody is 100% original.