OK so i got a bass from a friend i traded him a Behringer Wah and blues pedal for it but its a Hohner PJ professional Bass its 4 strings cream white with a white pickguard and it has a fender style body hes had it for about 5 years and the guy he bought it from at a yard sale "said" he had it for many years im thinking hes rite because i cant find ANYTHING on a Hohner PJ bass anywhere only Hohner b basses im extremly cuirious about this bas any info would be much appreciated
ill get a pic up asap
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
The Hohner Professional series was an entry-level bass series back in the 1970s & 1980s. It came in a number of configurations, including a P-bass with a P/J pickup arrangement (very common) and a few more modern designs. I couldn't tell you what it is worth.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The Hohner Professional series was an entry-level bass series back in the 1970s & 1980s. It came in a number of configurations, including a P-bass with a P/J pickup arrangement (very common) and a few more modern designs. I couldn't tell you what it is worth.

thank you very much that helps a lot id still love to know how much its worth tho
that way if i ever decide to sell it or something happens to it i know
also it seems to be missing a pot i need to know what it for and how to hook it back up when i replace them its the top pot on a strat it would be the volume nob but on this bass the volume nob is on the bottom
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
Last edited by southernboy3223 at May 31, 2010,
any serial numbers perchance? Also there is some website that has wiring diagrams for older basses and guitars. I'll see if I can dig it up later and post it up here.
Quote by FatalGear41

^This, plus they did sell them on into the 90's. They were much better basses (and guitars) than their price suggested, but at the end of the day, they ain't worth much. Apart from one or two models, they're perennial 50 quid/bucks in a second hand shop material.
Quote by creepingjesus73
^This, plus they did sell them on into the 90's. They were much better basses (and guitars) than their price suggested, but at the end of the day, they ain't worth much. Apart from one or two models, they're perennial 50 quid/bucks in a second hand shop material.

I suspected as much re: the value. The only famous Hohner I know of is their Telecaster copy. The artist who can't make up his mind whether his name is Prince swears by one of those. Other than that, Hohner is best known for making harmonicas. The TS's bass is probably a serviceable instrument, though if it is missing a tone pot then it may have seen some heavy use.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
ok it would be much appreciated if u could give me that website thanks for all the info any more you have would be much appreciated
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100