I'm playing through my Line 6 Spider Jam atm, and one minute I'm playing a riff and recording and when i go to record the next track and i start playing, my guitar is making this muffled sound when i play. Like the strings have something stuck to them or something is stopping them from ringing. It's weird to explain. Unplugged the guitar rings fine but when I plug it in it makes this weird sound. Only when I play. Could this be the battery for the active pickups dying on me? I've had the guitar about 6 months and I play quite a bit. Any advice or solutions? I don't have another amp to play through to check that it's not the amp.
Aha problem fixed. It wasn't the battery needing changed. The battery was sitting weird in the chamber so i just had to sit it in properly. Sounds fine now.

UPDATE : Looks like the battery does need changing Started playing again and muffle muffle
Last edited by azzman1337 at May 31, 2010,
The battery in active EMG's is supposed to last roughly 3,000 hours. To conserve the battery, never leave your guitar plugged in.

Also, you should change the battery every 3 or 4 months to prevent corrosion, the battery exploding or a short occurring.

Let us know if the problem persists.

not using EMG's (stock BC rich actives) but I haven't touched the battery since I got the guitar (about 5 months ago) so... time for a change. I'll head down to my local shop pick up another 9V battery and I'll let you know if it's working
Quote by azzman1337
not using EMG's (stock BC rich actives) but I haven't touched the battery since I got the guitar (about 5 months ago) so... time for a change. I'll head down to my local shop pick up another 9V battery and I'll let you know if it's working

Well either way, it would still be around 3,000 hours per battery.