Instead of having little per day to practice I recently have 6 hours or so per day (10 in weekends) to practice. Does anybody have tips what to do with loads of time? I heard that you shouldn't practice technique for more then 3 hours.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
i dont know where you heard the three hour rule
practice all you want as long as you do it right
and if you have 6 hours a day maybe you could do something else if you dont want to practice for 6 hours straight
I find that playing alone for long periods of time does get a bit boring. If you can find someone to jam with then that will be a great way to spend your time as you can improvise and practice whatever techniques/playing styles that you want.
Theory 1 hr,
Scales 45 mins (practice them in the cycle of fifths)
Technique 45 mins (sweeps, tapping etc)
sight reading 1/2 an hour to an hour,
figuring stuff out by ear, 1-2 hrs,
improvistation using backing tracks 1 hr in as many different styles as possible,
active listening 1 hr,

That should keep you busy for a while!
i just work on my speed, sweeping and i try and learn more scales..... then i have a writing session, then a revision session, i do that every day for as long as i want, and seeing as I'm unemployed i can say its my full time job!!!
Suggestion:

Work on memory. Play for a while. then, put the guitar down and think about what you want to play, how you want it to sounds and how you would build a piece or a song...

Focus on relaxing and making the music just a thought process.

Then, pick the guitar back up, keep your shoulders and your arms light and see if you can do your regular exercises with less stress.
Thanks for the replies

Quote by supersac
i dont know where you heard the three hour rule

I heard it from Tom Hess

Quote by HalfDose

Suggestion:

Work on memory. Play for a while. then, put the guitar down and think about what you want to play, how you want it to sounds and how you would build a piece or a song...

Focus on relaxing and making the music just a thought process.

Then, pick the guitar back up, keep your shoulders and your arms light and see if you can do your regular exercises with less stress.

Thanks, I'm going to try that!
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.