Poll: Should I get the 6505+ for $799?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I get the 6505+ for $799?
Yes
32 82%
No
7 18%
Voters: 39.
Should I? it's only slightly used, great condition.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
I know I would, but I'm not sure what the prices around your place are normally.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I know I would, but I'm not sure what the prices around your place are normally.

Normally around $1,599 for the head.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by TheFireWithinPA

that doesn't make sense, the price for a new head is 1200...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
that doesn't make sense, the price for a new head is 1200...

Not in stores around here..
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
well either way 799 is a good deal if its in good condition, so go for it
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by TheFireWithinPA

lol where are you from? MF has them for 1200 new.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I would assuming I couldn't find a better deal
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i wouldn't. i would get a 5150 combo for $499, then run it into my bugera poweramp for more wattage!

cheaapp
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
I wouldn't do it. I'd never pay that much for that amp. Find a 5150 cheaper, the non plus version sounds better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
considering you can (if you search hard enough - i use alpha-music.com - but they are currently oos) get a new one for 999 (not sure exactly how much for shipping, but when i bought a rectifier traditional CABINET from them they only charged 19.99 shipping and no tax)

then i'm not sure i'd go 799 for a used one, unless like others say its in good/great condition - if its in great condition and you trust that the tubes are good (like they have a LOT of life left in them, then go for it), if the tubes are on the tail end of their lifespan it can approach $100 to replace them (so then you're like hmmm, why'd i buy the used one then to save 100 bucks and then had to go thru the mini hassle of buying tubes and waiting… blah blah)

but this is all hypothetical, like i said if its in good/great condition and you trust tubes are in good shape, go for it
Quote by infectedmusicac
considering you can (if you search hard enough - i use alpha-music.com - but they are currently oos) get a new one for 999 (not sure exactly how much for shipping, but when i bought a rectifier traditional CABINET from them they only charged 19.99 shipping and no tax)

then i'm not sure i'd go 799 for a used one, unless like others say its in good/great condition - if its in great condition and you trust that the tubes are good (like they have a LOT of life left in them, then go for it), if the tubes are on the tail end of their lifespan it can approach $100 to replace them (so then you're like hmmm, why'd i buy the used one then to save 100 bucks and then had to go thru the mini hassle of buying tubes and waiting… blah blah)

but this is all hypothetical, like i said if its in good/great condition and you trust tubes are in good shape, go for it

ooo, sorry i just noticed you specified the "+" - then yeah, i'd go for it pretty outright (forget what i said about the tubes) - just so long as the amps in good shape, sounds like a decent deal
There's a 6505+ for $750 and $700 and a 5150 II for $700 on Guitar Center's used site right now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com