Ok, so I play at my church, right? Well, we do some stuff that features some really heavy guitars. Well, everytime I hear the recorded mix, the guitars are basically cut out. Like, really? And another thing - they don't like that I switch guitars for certain songs. :| WHAT? Ok, wow, you expect me to play a strat for every song? Yea, not gonna work, guys. Like, I guess I could understand why someone who doesn't play guitar to not understand that switching guitars for certain songs is needed, but one of the sound guys is a guitar player himself. Seriously? Freakin irritates me.

Rant over.
Nice blog bro
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
that story was more like a bory
Quote by herby190
At post number 11, all that has been established in this thread is UG's feelings on kittens.
You think that's dickish...? It's a church, he's probably more concerned with the lack of sound insulation making the sound leak into the street.

Sound guys at venues are usually pretty cool.
use moar mids
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by EvanEnglish
I play at my church, right? Well, we do some stuff that features some really heavy guitars.

Does not compute.
Quote by darkcheef

Use more mids

You mean cut the mids down to -11?

edit: forgot, gain up to 12/10.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'm not a sound guy myself but surely changing guitars changes the output which means the sound guy needs to change his settings.

Of course he's not going to like extra work.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I feel your pain man. My church has the worst acoustics I've ever seen, with all kinds of angles and beams and shit in the sanctuary (no acoustic material of any kind, it's all drywall). Plus the speakers are just a cluster of 3, and they're ON THE FREAKING CEILING 25 feet up. The sound booth is also up high (10 feet higher than the stage), so the "sound guys" don't have a clue what the actual mix sounds like; it's always tinny and dead sounding with no bass at all. And quiet.

Needless to say, I don't play over there anymore. I play for the teens where we have a better room and can play more fun music

PinkEdit:
Quote by AA00P
Breakdowns for Jesus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G59mBaJPfA
Last edited by which ones pink at May 31, 2010,
What I'm saying is that it shouldn't matter if you have to adjust your settings - IT'S YOUR JOB!

Not to mention, this guy has a REAL problem with being a knowitall. Like, when you have 4 different reverbs cranked up on the mics so much that you can barely hear the original vocal, there's a problem. And yes, not all churches use acoustic guitars and telecasters.
EvanEnglish
Forum posts: 1
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.