Poll Options
View poll results: Agile or Gibson
Agile 3000M
18 36%
Gibson Studio
32 64%
Voters: 50.
Hey everyone,

im not plannig to buy soon but im curious to what you all think would be better. I got the email from rondo showing their new Agile Thru body. Here it is

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000mwinered.html

So im looking to compare that, with the Gibson Les Paul Studio. Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Wine-Red-/320539590104?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa1a5fdd8

Im curious to see what you thinks better, so share! Gibby or Agile!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
the gibby is SEXY. id get it, cant go wrong with a gibson.
Always Rock!
If you can play the Gibson before you buy it so you know you're getting a good one, get the Gibson. Anyone who claims any Agile can compete with a decent Gibson is a tool of the highest order. The only problem is not every Gibson is great, hence the need to try before you buy. If you can't try the guitar first, the Agile (or any other copy - they're all the same) will be the much safer bet.

That's assuming you want the best guitar from a practical point of view. A lot of people though want a Gibson Les Paul because they want a Gibson Les Paul. If you're one of those people, the Agile won't make you happy - you need to get the Gibson.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I love my gibson studio deluxe
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
If you can play the gibson first and you find one you love then get it. I have an agile 3000 great guitar, but its in no way better than a gibson les paul. I had to try 8 different les pauls however to find the one I liked better, but each gibson is different but that don't make them bad. Worth the extra 1500 bucks? Thats debateable.

If I were you, I would go to my local store and try and find a studio that you like the feel. The wood and hardware are fairly good quality on the gibsons anyways so its mostly the feel your looking for.

If you can find one, then order an agile. If you happen not to like it, send it back. They have agreat customer service and a great return policy.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
extra 1500 bucks? i paid 1400 total for my gibson lp studio deluxe.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Lol, should have clarified that the gibson that I was talking about that I liked better than agile was a traditional one. it was like 2000 bucks.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
as cool as agiles are, it is worth paying another 200 for the gibson, alot of people are stupid and dont think that any brand aside from gibson/fender is good for jack shit, and most people here will say otherwise (agiles are great) but also people will be stupid enough to think that a gibson studio is worth about the same as a custom, now why do other people matter? to get attention gigging, it makes u see like u can afford these guitars because you are successfull enough to buy a gibson and not "some cheap knock-off" (agiles are essentially good cheap knock offs anyway)

Tonally they will sound very simmilar, but the gibson will have better stock p'ups, chances are the agile will sustain better because of a neck thru construction, but since they both have mahogany bodies and necks, the neck thru wont give a more neck leaning tone on the agile, this will only be helpful on the agile if the neck is a better cut of wood than the wings, but the gibson will probably have better cuts of wood for the neck and the body compared to the agile
Eh.
I'm sorry I can't make a descent comparison but someone mentioned they thought the Gibson looked best.
From a styling point of view I prefer the Agile because the gibson don't have a pickguard. The pickguard make the guitar look more expensive in my opnion.
Get the Gibson. Why? Because it's a Gibson. You get what you pay for.
Gibson Les Paul Studio/Fender Telecaster/Fender Stratocaster -> MXR Phase 90 ->Vox V847 Wah -> Boss Ds-1 -> Ibanez Ts-9 -> Electro Harmonix Memory Boy ->
Jet City 20

Rome wasn't built in just a day.

Quote by bebe17
Get the Gibson. Why? Because it's a Gibson. You get what you pay for.

I honestly cant agree with that. Recently, the prices of Gibson guitars have gone up, and at the same time, the quality control, while still decent enough, HAS gone down.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
I honestly cant agree with that. Recently, the prices of Gibson guitars have gone up, and at the same time, the quality control, while still decent enough, HAS gone down.

doesn't mean you're not getting what you pay for, so long as you try before you buy... i think the quality control decrease is a misconception though, to a fair extent - each individual gibson guitar sounds and feels different, they even point that out on the website, and you won't like every one you play, and it's easy for people to dismiss a guitar that didn't agree with their own personal preferences as "a bad guitar" even though it may be a very good one that someone else will really enjoy playing.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The Gibson will hold it's resale value much better than an Agile, and I'm 99% sure the fit and finish of the Gibby will be very significantly better than the Agile as well.

The Agile is worth it if you don't have the money to spend on the Gibson. If you've got the money you should IMO buy quality.
Quote by Blompcube
doesn't mean you're not getting what you pay for, so long as you try before you buy... i think the quality control decrease is a misconception though, to a fair extent - each individual gibson guitar sounds and feels different, they even point that out on the website, and you won't like every one you play, and it's easy for people to dismiss a guitar that didn't agree with their own personal preferences as "a bad guitar" even though it may be a very good one that someone else will really enjoy playing.

Sadly, what it says on the website does not matter to my own experience. The more recent Gibsons that I have played have had far more issues such as frets not fully filed, sometimes to the point where I have cut myself; I have also seen many a finish that was not well done at joints, scratchy pots, etc etc.
Now, it is definitely possible that my local GC just doesn't give a shit what the kids do to the new guitars there (and yes, these were new guitars I had been trying), it may be that I just have bad luck, or you may just have good luck. Either way, if I find a Gibson that I love to death, and I have the cash to buy it, I'll buy it. But if I can find a guitar for less that plays and sounds really ****ing close, then I'll probably buy that and upgrade it as I wish and have a guitar that sounds and plays just as good for a fraction of the price.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the Gibson I own is amazing and I love it to death. But recently, the quality control is just not as good at least on the ones I play in stores.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Jun 1, 2010,
A good gibson is a wonderful guitar. If you know what to look for and can play it beforehand, get the gibson./
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Some people just have an irrational hate towards gibson, and nothing anyone says will ever change their minds about it.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
i absolutely needed a gibson les paul, and i finally got a les paul studio, and it was nice, but not great tbh. I had played ones that felt great. I liked the way mine played, but it was not perfect, hence why I got rid of it and picked up my SG Standard which I can say is fantastic. I don't think i'll ever get rid of this guitar.

Like Mr. Flibble said, The agiles aren't bad, but they certainly do not stack up to Gibsons. And also like he said make sure you play the guitar before you buy it, every single Gibson varies from guitar to guitar. They're hand made, unlike cheaper guitars that are mostly machine made. It's the difference between produce 300 guitars a day at the epiphone plant, and maybe 25-50 guitars a day at the gibson plant. Hence the difference in price.
Quote by kumamilesbear
Sadly, what it says on the website does not matter to my own experience. The more recent Gibsons that I have played have had far more issues such as frets not fully filed, sometimes to the point where I have cut myself; I have also seen many a finish that was not well done at joints, scratchy pots, etc etc.
Now, it is definitely possible that my local GC just doesn't give a shit what the kids do to the new guitars there (and yes, these were new guitars I had been trying), it may be that I just have bad luck, or you may just have good luck. Either way, if I find a Gibson that I love to death, and I have the cash to buy it, I'll buy it. But if I can find a guitar for less that plays and sounds really ****ing close, then I'll probably buy that and upgrade it as I wish and have a guitar that sounds and plays just as good for a fraction of the price.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the Gibson I own is amazing and I love it to death. But recently, the quality control is just not as good at least on the ones I play in stores.

yeah i see what you mean with fret work and stuff - i think that that is more to do with the way the company has a huge demand to meet. so they'll let otherwise good guitars slip through the quality control with sharp edges on the frets or no slots on the saddles for example, in the hope that the shop that guitar happens to get sent to will fix it themselves (and any decent shop will fix these things), and they'll let guitars with sloppy finishes through if they play well enough and sound good enough.. i don't think they let any genuinely bad guitars get through though, contrary to popular belief.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.